Question

Play count not showing in app or web

Userlevel 1
All plays on my podcast stopped updating yesterday, which is kinda frustrating. I’ve seen the problem in the community before, but how does this get solved?

30 replies

This is the song https://soundcloud.com/acidi_t/nemesis-nebula

My play count seems to just be frozen I tried looking for reasons why but I have no idea any help please
Userlevel 1
No stats for 2 days
Hello.
Soundcloud Pulse is not measuring plays anymore as of today (June 13th 2019). I think this is very important as it may compromise the number of plays and royalties.
Can you fix this?
Regards.
life_theory

We have the same problem. Stopped updating yesterday 12 of June.
Our podcast play counts stopped updating yesterday, 12 of June.
How do we fix this?
Userlevel 1
We have the same problem. Stopped updating yesterday 12 of June.
Aha, I guess the issue is in SCs servers then.
Userlevel 1
Really annoying though. Hope they fix it soon
I wish they would put out some kind of statement on social media so that we can know what to do.
Userlevel 1
I wish they would put out some kind of statement on social media so that we can know what to do.
I know... really annoying that there’s no info.
If we dont hear something quick we will have to move our RSS to something more reliable
Userlevel 1
If we dont hear something quick we will have to move our RSS to something more reliable
Same. Where can we contact them directly? Can’t find an email anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Sorry to hear this is happening - We're syncing with our engineers now to get to the root cause of this as soon as possible.

Thanks for hanging in there.
Userlevel 1
Hey there,

Sorry to hear this is happening - We're syncing with out engineers now to get to the root cause of this as soon as possible.

Thanks, please let us know as soon as it’s fixed.
Hey there,

Sorry to hear this is happening - We're syncing with out engineers now to get to the root cause of this as soon as possible.

Is there a window this should be fixed by?
Userlevel 1
I'm a premium user and my stats are not updating ! please correct this fast.
Userlevel 1
Hey there,

But how long? This is extremely frustrating.
Same with me. Same with everyone, I guess. This is really not good enough for a premium service to not even let us know it's happening, I wouldn't have uploaded anything last night if I'd known.
And more importantly, will we get the plays back once it's fixed?
Userlevel 1
Hey there,

Sorry to hear this is happening - We're syncing with our engineers now to get to the root cause of this as soon as possible.

Seriously, the information about this is so bad... fix it.
Hey there,

Thanks for hanging in there.Hey there,

Hello,
Are there any more recent updates on this? I feel like a lunatic but this is really stressing me out, I do not want to move my feed to another host as this is the first issue I’ve had, but it’s sort of a big one...
Thanks!
We're having the same issue. Will the plays that have already come through count towards the total when its fixed??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey again everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. After aligning with the engineering and product team, we finally have another update for you.

We recently introduced a change to put us in a better position to combat and remove fake play activity on the platform and that is why you weren't seeing some of your plays updating in real time. Unfortunately, the implementation was not as smooth as we expected so we understand your frustration.

This update was implemented in an effort to ensure your play counts reflect real listeners, giving you the most accurate stats possible for your tracks. As we work to optimize this change and ensure that you are seeing accurate stats for your uploads, we will retroactively fix your affected stats. Although this process won’t be reflected immediately, we assure you that we are working hard on displaying the correct stats as soon as possible.

Your stats should update properly moving forward.

Thank you so much & all the best
Mathis
Userlevel 1
i hope the update of stats is going to be in mode retro
Userlevel 1
I really really hope, that the missing plays from the past 30 hours will show. I know exactly how many plays to expect. I'll keep a close eye on the numbers the coming days.
Userlevel 1
A classic case of what works when tested but busted when put in to production. I see it happening all the time around me.