Question

Play count not showing in app or web

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey again everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. After aligning with the engineering and product team, we finally have another update for you.

We recently introduced a change to put us in a better position to combat and remove fake play activity on the platform and that is why you weren't seeing some of your plays updating in real time. Unfortunately, the implementation was not as smooth as we expected so we understand your frustration.

This update was implemented in an effort to ensure your play counts reflect real listeners, giving you the most accurate stats possible for your tracks. As we work to optimize this change and ensure that you are seeing accurate stats for your uploads, we will retroactively fix your affected stats. Although this process won’t be reflected immediately, we assure you that we are working hard on displaying the correct stats as soon as possible.

Your stats should update properly moving forward.

Thank you so much & all the best
Mathis

Well, you really fucked up on this one. The stats finally showing is not even close to the real stats.
Hey again everyone,

This update was implemented in an effort to ensure your play counts reflect real listeners, giving you the most accurate stats possible for your tracks.

Except I spent good money yesterday promoting my music to real people on real social platforms, and for what reason?! So now the irony is that if you don't fix the stat count retrospectively, I at least have to pay the cheaper rate for fake plays to make up for the real plays you haven't shown!

Dickheads! Just let people use those things if stopping them also means screwing with your users who are PAYING for legitimate services.
Userlevel 1
Thousands of plays still missing. 100 percent unacceptable
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

@Borgen unplugged Backfilling the missing stats will take some time, however this is in progress. As I said before, I am aware that this was an extremely frustrating experience for all of you yesterday, and we're sorry this happened in the first place.

@Aaron Darc I agree - improving the systems in place (in this case in order to detect fake activity and provide more accurate stats) should not come at the cost of legitimate users. Yesterday's event was an example where this principle was not met. Feedback has been forwarded to the teams involved for future reference.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks so much for your help!