Answered

play count unrealistically going up

• 3 September 2016
  • 2 replies

one of my tracks has now got 13k of views within the last week, as nice as that sounds I believe that the views are fake. Although music is subjective, ironically I think it is the worst track of mine that I have uploaded on my soundcloud. I have not got pro so I cannot see where it comes from but its got to be either a glitch on your end or perhaps some kind of bot?? the track in question is https://soundcloud.com/satyesu/uncertainty and all my other tracks appear to be fine.

thankyou
icon

Best answer by Mathis 7 September 2016, 15:01

Hi there,

Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team for a closer investigation. Thank you.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team for a closer investigation. Thank you.
Hello,
Same here..I got a user which seems to be based in Russia who plays one of my tracks around 100 times per day for the past 2 weeks. I saw my track in their "liked" list (which seems weird in terms of choices..but ok, that can be subjective 😛 )
My question is not how to stop it, it's if i should stop it. If these plays are real for example, it would count as streaming revenue, right? Unless the plays are not real, it's only the numbers.
Could someone clarify this for me please?..
Thanks 🙂