Answered

Play Counter is frozen

• 13 April 2019
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 3
Since yesterday the play count is frozen?
icon

Best answer by Jon Ley 14 April 2019, 19:29

I think this is PC/Browser related only

I think android and ios are going thru

I think soundcloud Is trying to solve the problem before announcing it to cover their butts.

I think my brain is finally fried from this.
View original

64 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Here (Netherlands) all looks normal.
Userlevel 3
It seems that not all plays are getting counted since yesterday?
Userlevel 1
Hi, yes it is not working (in UK) and they don't reply to their emails or post anything about.
I'm in Australia and my play count for my latest track is stuck at 14, but people are liking and giving me feedback from reddit. Think there's an outage. Our plays better count!
Userlevel 3
it is still not working????
Userlevel 2
Same problem..... Been looking for answers and solutions since last night... Trying to upload new music
Go on twitter and send "soundcloud support" message about this problem!!!! Everyone else plays working but not minds!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Go on twitter and send "soundcloud support" message about this problem!!!! Everyone else plays working but not minds!!!!!

have u done that?
If so did u get any respons?

i want to know this when the play numbers show truly again?or our play numbers already have disappeared?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
got some plays after 6 PM local time - but none between 8 AM and 6 PM... seems odd. Have tweeted to @SCsupport https://twitter.com/oorlab/status/1117163803936948230
Userlevel 1
got some plays after 6 PM local time - but none between 8 AM and 6 PM... seems odd. Have tweeted to @SCsupport https://twitter.com/oorlab/status/1117163803936948230

I also have sent a tweet to them.
And i did to the soundcloud tweet as well but no answer so far.
I guess the just ignore it.
It’s probably just a server issue
Userlevel 3
are there any news?
Userlevel 1
It’s probably just a server issue

That is probably gonna be there man-splination for it.
Userlevel 3
i am wondering that Soundcloud doesn't react or give a comment?
Userlevel 3
seems they don't care
Userlevel 1
or it could be a "all hands on deck" kind of emergency.
maybe a massive sever bug or attack....
Userlevel 3
they could at least put out a short message, that they are working on it, or something similar!
Userlevel 1
Yea I agree
Userlevel 3
are there any news about this topic
Soundcloud doesn't seems to give informations anywhere which is a bit disrepectful for pro users.
I noticed that the views from ios and android apps are still recorded if it can help.
Userlevel 1
yeah, I have been seeing people saying there stats have gone up by like one or two listens but no one seemed to know why.
Same problem here (germany)
Userlevel 3
it seems some views are counted, and the most of them are not?
yeah, I have been seeing people saying there stats have gone up by like one or two listens but no one seemed to know why.

My stats have gone up by a few counts as well.
For me it appears that the play count does update in the case when there are "Plays from algorithms" (in the "Where on SoundCloud" section of the Stats page).

For other plays the count does not update. For example, if I play my song while logged out of my account, the play count does not increase (except temporarily until the page is refreshed).