Solved

Play Counter is frozen

• 13 April 2019
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 3
it is time for Soundcloud to say something about it. it seems they are all on vacation????
Userlevel 1
iyea I was just in a thread where a guy was saying he watched someone elses play count increase on listening and i noticed the same thing listening to a friends account but I'm unable to reach them so I cant confirm it registered... can you drop me one of your track links and wait in this thread for me to listen to it?
Userlevel 3
here it is, but it won't work:
https://soundcloud.com/marz_jam/snake-shake
Userlevel 1
okay it bumped up one or two plays on my side should say 35
Userlevel 3
i got the like, but the view count is 33
Userlevel 1
that was on PC I'm gonna try my android in a minute because somebody stated they are registering mobile plays
Userlevel 1
check back in an hour I've got to charge this stupid thing , lol and yea I actually wasn't gonna hit the like but i really did like your song! 😝
Userlevel 3
i just played a bunch of your songs, with the iPhone app.
okay it bumped up one or two plays on my side should say 35
You will see the count go up when you play, but if you refresh the page, you'll probably see the count go back down.
Userlevel 3
unfortunately, that is true
Userlevel 1
holy crap i just checked my stats and yesterday still reads zero but today just jumped to 7 on the stat page still reads zero in the "past 24 hour section"
Userlevel 3
so the iPhone plays are not counted
Userlevel 1
unfortunately, that is true
yea when i refreshed thats exactly what happend on your song then i checked my stats and saw the sudden spike in mine, I'll check back in this thread in a few
Same here. I don't think we'll hear from SC until Monday - they are probably enjoying their weekend 😕
Userlevel 3
sad but true
Userlevel 1
or it could be a "all hands on deck" kind of emergency.
maybe a massive sever bug or attack....

If they all are coders and working in the codes/and with the server and not even can put a status on there so called status blog.
They sure need to hire more ppl if cant even post a darn "we now have problem with... and working on solving"
Userlevel 3
i don't think that is the problem, i think they don't know about this thing yet. because otherwise they would react.
Userlevel 1
yea they need to hire more ppl
Userlevel 1
I think it is impossible that they don't know. This started early on Friday.
Userlevel 1
yeah I was thinking the same thing, also don't know any web based companies that don't have weekend staff..... but for sure by the volume of complaints and people hunting an answer they must be aware by now.
Userlevel 3
i don't think they are aware of it, because it makes no sense to conceal it. this makes it even worse.
Userlevel 1
yea I was looking over this spike of plays i got a bit ago and i realized its the exact number of plays as i have tracks.........and almost every track got played and all at once was that you on your iphone?
Userlevel 3
yes, i played random songs in a short period, to produce a noticeable spike
Userlevel 1
then yes that recorded and showed
Userlevel 1
I think this is PC/Browser related only

I think android and ios are going thru

I think soundcloud Is trying to solve the problem before announcing it to cover their butts.

I think my brain is finally fried from this.