Answered

Play Counter is frozen

• 13 April 2019
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 3
Since yesterday the play count is frozen?
icon

Best answer by Jon Ley 14 April 2019, 19:29

I think this is PC/Browser related only

I think android and ios are going thru

I think soundcloud Is trying to solve the problem before announcing it to cover their butts.

I think my brain is finally fried from this.
View original

64 replies

Userlevel 1
They've just got back to me via email saying that they are aware of play count/stats issues, will pass my case to the developers.
Userlevel 1
I think it is impossible that they don't know. This started early on Friday.
Userlevel 3
it is time for Soundcloud to say something about it. it seems they are all on vacation????
Userlevel 1
check back in an hour I've got to charge this stupid thing , lol and yea I actually wasn't gonna hit the like but i really did like your song! 😝
Userlevel 1
They've just got back to me via email saying that they are aware of play count/stats issues, will pass my case to the developers.

I just got the same email saying the same thing.

@ella-ela When I was re-reading through threads I saw why you were so upset with this, I hope your campaign isn't a total loss. cheers!
Userlevel 3
i don't think that is the problem, i think they don't know about this thing yet. because otherwise they would react.
Since yesterday the play count is frozen?

i want to know this when the play numbers show truly again?or our play numbers already have disappeared?
Userlevel 3
they could at least put out a short message, that they are working on it, or something similar!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
got some plays after 6 PM local time - but none between 8 AM and 6 PM... seems odd. Have tweeted to @SCsupport https://twitter.com/oorlab/status/1117163803936948230
Soundcloud doesn't seems to give informations anywhere which is a bit disrepectful for pro users.
I noticed that the views from ios and android apps are still recorded if it can help.
yeah, I have been seeing people saying there stats have gone up by like one or two listens but no one seemed to know why.

My stats have gone up by a few counts as well.
For me it appears that the play count does update in the case when there are "Plays from algorithms" (in the "Where on SoundCloud" section of the Stats page).

For other plays the count does not update. For example, if I play my song while logged out of my account, the play count does not increase (except temporarily until the page is refreshed).
Userlevel 1
iyea I was just in a thread where a guy was saying he watched someone elses play count increase on listening and i noticed the same thing listening to a friends account but I'm unable to reach them so I cant confirm it registered... can you drop me one of your track links and wait in this thread for me to listen to it?
Userlevel 3
here it is, but it won't work:
https://soundcloud.com/marz_jam/snake-shake
Userlevel 1
okay it bumped up one or two plays on my side should say 35
Userlevel 3
i got the like, but the view count is 33
Userlevel 1
that was on PC I'm gonna try my android in a minute because somebody stated they are registering mobile plays
Userlevel 3
i just played a bunch of your songs, with the iPhone app.
okay it bumped up one or two plays on my side should say 35
You will see the count go up when you play, but if you refresh the page, you'll probably see the count go back down.
Userlevel 3
unfortunately, that is true
Userlevel 1
holy crap i just checked my stats and yesterday still reads zero but today just jumped to 7 on the stat page still reads zero in the "past 24 hour section"
Userlevel 3
so the iPhone plays are not counted
Userlevel 1
unfortunately, that is true
yea when i refreshed thats exactly what happend on your song then i checked my stats and saw the sudden spike in mine, I'll check back in this thread in a few
Userlevel 3
any news?
Same here. I don't think we'll hear from SC until Monday - they are probably enjoying their weekend 😕
Userlevel 3
sad but true