Answered

Play Counter Issues

• 13 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hey,

So I have realised a new track on the 12th April and payed for promo and sourced trades and everything. However I almost have as many likes/reposts as plays. Now at first I just though the track perhaps wasn't doing so well. However I find it hard to believe that the play count is so low even still! I am not sure what could be happening but I feel like the majority of plays aren't being counted towards the track which then puts it into a bad light. I am a label and I want the tracks I release to do the best I can as thats my service.

I could be wrong and the plays are just super low... but it's something I need to sort ASAP if it is in a issue.

Thanks,
Cameron
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 April 2019, 12:21

Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I’m having the same bullshit happening to me too. I posted April 12, which was yesterday, and the minority of my plays aren’t counting. I’ve even signed out; played my song, and still nothing. It has only 181 on the first day like that’s reasonable for the amount I typically get🤦🏾‍♂️. Seriously this issues needs to get fixed asap because the longer that nasty low-count number stays attached to my work, the more tainted the song seems, even though this was my hardest worked song and literally my best song. SoundCloud fix your Shit! Like now! Smh🤦🏾‍♂️.
Userlevel 1
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They haven't replied to my 2 emails but please try, their lack of communication is getting frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.