Solved

Play counts not updating

Show first post

106 replies

please see my latest comment, ......my latest track is showing 22 plays, 19 listeners and 42 likes.
there are a lot of people on soundcloud who are not genuinely listening, but over 50% that seems way too high. even my most reliable followers are not on the play list for my latest track, even though they have commented..........something must be wrong
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
please see my latest comment, ......my latest track is showing 22 plays, 19 listeners and 42 likes.
there are a lot of people on soundcloud who are not genuinely listening, but over 50% that seems way too high. even my most reliable followers are not on the play list for my latest track, even though they have commented..........something must be wrong

Hi clive,

The plays that weren't showing over the weekend are being backfilled, so it might take some time for the play count to display properly. Sorry about the confusion and inconvenience this has caused.
Hi.

I made a pre-play JavaScript setup on my player, so that a user would choose to play the music, and then the music would start playing.

However, after the stats started dropping, I noticed that this functionality which worked in Chrome and Firefox, now only worked in Firefox, and not Chrome. I have the pro ultimate plan.

Is this feature breaking a result of SoundCloud, or Chrome? I saw something in the JavaScript console about starting audio was not permitted.

Also, is it possible to use a custom player, for example some open source browser audio player?
My play count still isn’t updating when do u plan on fixing this issue
It says solved but it definitely isn't. My plays are still less than before.
It says solved but it definitely isn't. My plays are still less than before.
Seriously, I've uploaded 3 songs in the past month or so and none of them have any views, but they have likes. It's like this on all platforms, and it kinda sucks. I'd appreciate it if they fixed this lol