Solved

Plays aren't working...

I know I got many plays, because a lot of people had given me feedback but the plays are still stuck at 6 views like what? I did everything Soundcloud said...clear caches and all that, I know there should be atleast 300 plays by now, what is going on? This is the track btw
https://soundcloud.com/famboigoon/level
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 April 2019, 12:05

Hi there,
Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Same problem.

Tweet them @SCSupport & complain
lmk if yours gets fixed bro
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@famboigoon - just looked, you now have 8 plays... and the wav form sugeest half of your track is silent. Is that on purpose? Otherwise looking good to me.

Am playing the song, and the counter jumps to 9, so currently something is working...
same problem
Userlevel 1
@famboigoon - just looked, you now have 8 plays... and the wav form sugeest half of your track is silent. Is that on purpose? Otherwise looking good to me.

Am playing the song, and the counter jumps to 9, so currently something is working...

Okay you keep telling people in different posts you don't see any problem so can i ask what your method of listening is exactly? ios,android,pc? because the problem seems to be mainly pc related if most of what I've read is correct.
Userlevel 1
also I have also listened to other peoples tracks and seen there number increase, however this does not mean there stats are registering my plays.

If you refresh the page does it retain the count?

My stats have gone up by a few counts since I started experiencing the problem a couple days ago.
For me it appears that the play count does update in the case when there are "Plays from algorithms" (in the "Where on SoundCloud" section of the Stats page).

For other plays the count does not update. For example, if I play my song while logged out of my account, the play count does not increase (except temporarily until the page is refreshed).
Userlevel 1
hey i just tested this with another member and it only increases on the listener side and yup like you said as soon as you refresh the page the count drops back down .......
Same problem Please help
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
listening mostly on PC - but I also checked on Android.

Here is an answer from Mathis in a similar thread

Best answer by Mathis
Hello there everyone,

Our engineers let us know there was a bug causing for the play counts to not update properly. This issue started on Friday, and has now been resolved, so play counts should be updating properly again.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience this might have caused, and thank you for hanging in there.
same here, both of my recent songs the plays are not updating

https://soundcloud.com/silent-sam-59746265/how-to-flow

https://soundcloud.com/silent-sam-59746265/sam-type-energy
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Am listening to How to flow - sounding good. As soon as I hit play (on PC) the counter went to 1.
Hopefully this bug is resolved asap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,
Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.