Answered

Plays not saving.

• 13 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have been having an issue regarding the plays on one of my tracks not saving.
I posted a track a few hours ago, and as I was showing it to one of my friends over discord, he pointed out that after he refreshed the page his plays on the track had not saved. His likes, reposts and comments are all there, but the plays do not seem to save.

I tested this myself with a throwaway account, and sure enough, any plays I made onto the track were not saving at all. However it seems that a few plays do in fact save, so i came to the conclusion that it does not work the majority of the time. How could this be?

Obviously this is less than ideal for me and my account since that way the algorithm does not recommend me to people, so please let me know what can be done to solve this asap.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 April 2019, 11:33

Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Same problem

No plays.

At least I'm not alone!
Userlevel 3
Same Problem
Same problem 😭
This is an ongoing issue with SoundCloud and apparently the SoundCloud tech staff do not tune in to the need help section of their site hence no official response to these complaints. The official "Status Bog" hasn't been updated since this past February!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.