Answered

Problem with Plays from playlists and albums in Stats and filing a ticket.

• 23 October 2017
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1
Most of the playlists shown do not contain any of my tracks.

And now contacting support is a nightmare. Trying to file a ticket just takes me on an endless loop of unhelpful suggestions which never lead to me being able to file the ticket.

What am I supposed to do? Used to be able to contact via email. Now that points back to the help centre.
icon

Best answer by UNIBASS 11 November 2017, 04:42

Hi,

I have the same problem. Plays from playlists which have never included my songs are sort of giving a me false picture. I hope SC will give a clear explanation for this.
View original

20 replies

Having the same issue! Not sure whats going on
Userlevel 1
Shame that the monitoring and moderating of this help community is so poor.

As a paying customer it seems that support has gone to pot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, the only reason I can imagine is that your tracks were part of these playlists at some point, however the user removed them afterwards.

In order to test, you could ask a friend to add one of your tracks to a playlist and wait for some time to see if it appears in your stats section properly. Let the community know how it went

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: In order to reach out to the support team directly, you can go through our Help Center and fill out the contact form.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the reply Mathis.

There are a number of playlists that are correct. The ones that are not do not look as if I would have. Even included and anyway why would they register as plays for me if no track of mine is there?

And, as I said, trying to post a ticket takes me on a loop of suggestions which never lets me write anything.

Hamilton
Userlevel 1
Typo above should read: The ones that are not do not look as if I would have been included.
Hi,

I have the same problem. Plays from playlists which have never included my songs are sort of giving a me false picture. I hope SC will give a clear explanation for this.
Userlevel 1
Don't hold your breath. It took nearly two years for them to sort out a problem with wrong stats and that was when support could be contacted by email.
Hello! This is Stef from the engineering team. We do indeed have a bug here, thanks a lot for reporting this. We're currently in the process of fixing it and it should be okay for data going forward but it might take some time until past data has been tidied up. Please let us know if you're still seeing issues, especially for new or very recent plays.
Userlevel 1
Thank you Stef, nice to know it's in hand.

I will let you know if the problem still persists. BUT! It would seem that the only way I can make contact now is through this community support: as I posted earlier, I am unable to post a ticket. I just get directed to various articles: sometimes there is a link there to the ticket page but that only creates a loop and no box opens for me to write anything. Also it is very difficult to find the contact page in the first place.

Could this be looked at please?

Regards

Hamilton
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Hamilton,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this. If you continue to run into this issue and need to reach out to the team directly, please choose Give Feedback in the dropdown menu (https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=553848) - in the product drop down on that page, you can choose "Stats, Comments, & Messages).

I agree the form is a bit confusing when you choose "Get help using SoundCloud" in the first place (rather then "Give feedback")- I'll discuss this with the team to see if we can make things clearer here.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi Mathis

Giving feedback is the only option one can choose in order to post a ticket. Any other option chosen from the drop down menu creates the loop.

I did send feedback but that doesn't provide any answer. The reply was as follows:

Hey there HamBa,

Thanks for writing to us and sharing your feedback about SoundCloud.

We really appreciate you taking the time to do so, your feedback has been collected and added to a monthly document that will be reviewed by the product teams responsible here at SoundCloud.

We won't be able to give you a direct answer about your feedback, but please know that we really value it and it will be taken into consideration as we continue to make improvements across the platform.

If you didn't just want to leave us feedback, and need help with an issue you're having using SoundCloud, please explore our Help Center and file a ticket under the issue type "Get help using SoundCloud."

Thanks again, and if you have any further ideas to suggest in future please do let us know!

Cheers,
The SoundCloud Community Team

So feedback is just that - feedback. I tried and can't post under "Get help using SoundCloud". The loop!

Cheers

Hamilton
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi HamBa,

For product support related questions and issues, this is true, and this is what was confusing in the first place. I've forwarded feedback around that and hope we can soon make this more straight forward in the future.

If you have questions about your subscription, account access, trust & safety etc., you can reach out to us by choosing the nature of your topic (instead of "Get Help using SoundCloud") and will receive an answer from our team in due time.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi again Mathis

Thank you for your reply. I do hope that a better way of communicating issues and receiving support can be implemented: the options available now are very limited and frustrating.

To have to rely on posting in a help community and hoping that it will be picked up by a Soundcloud employee or moderator is not at all satisfactory. I think a company providing a service that I pay for should make better provision for dealing with problems.

Best wishes

Hamilton
Hey Hamilton, going back to the original problem: did you notice an improvement? Are you still seeing the wrong playlists? Fixing past data is still in progress but if you still see the same problems as before I'd be suspicious and would want to know! Stef
Userlevel 1
Hi Stef

There are only eight playlists showing today. Three are my own, two are other people's which I am in, and three I am not in.

Hamilton
Hmm, I'll have a look. Could you give me a hint which ones are the wrong ones (will make it quicker for me)? The ones that generated 1 play each?
Actually, ignore my last question. It's only 8 playlists. I went through them and it looks to me like you're in all of them? I might be missing something?
Userlevel 1
Hi Stef

Now all the playlists are ones that I am in. Thank you.

Could you do a reset on my followers list - the last few days it has been jumping up and down.

Cheers

Hamilton
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Stef

Now all the playlists are ones that I am in. Thank you.

Could you do a reset on my followers list - the last few days it has been jumping up and down.

Cheers

Hamilton

Hi HamBa,

Just to close this off - in case your follower count was still off, this has now been rectified - please allow up to 24 hours for this to be fully processed on our backend.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thank you Mathis