Answered

Question about Track Stats - Spam Plays? Do they exist?

• 3 April 2017
  • 1 reply

I was looking around and couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I occasionally will log into Soundcloud though and take a look at my stats - there I see that my tracks have been played, sometimes just one song (which isn't the newest song) gets a lot of plays, sometimes all have an even amount of plays.

My question: Is it possible these plays I see on my tracks are spam? Like, someone isn't actually listening to them, it's just spam plays related to the spam bots who send me messages? Is that even possible? Or is some live person still listening/playing them?

I'm not that active on my SoundCloud - I haven't been for about a year.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 3 April 2017, 10:16

Thanks!

I've noticed that spam bots sometimes latch onto inactive accounts. I don't know if it's a way of testing the bots, or it's a way of making the bots look more "real", if they are following proper accounts, but of people who aren't likely to block and report them.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks!

I've noticed that spam bots sometimes latch onto inactive accounts. I don't know if it's a way of testing the bots, or it's a way of making the bots look more "real", if they are following proper accounts, but of people who aren't likely to block and report them.