Question

Randomly Getting Followers?

• 22 May 2016
  • 3 replies

Okay, I at least need an explanation for this: http://i.imgur.com/ez3wwFC.png . I'm suddenly getting followers for no reason over the past twenty or so hours and I don't know why. Al my posted songs (which there are three of) have less than twenty view each; and I had only two followers before this. I haven't used any follower-gaining service, and I don't think I followed anyone who would send spam accounts to follow me back. Why?
I will give my username at request if needed, but for now I just want an explanation of what's happening.
(The image was screen-capped about twenty minutes before this.)

_TL; DR - _I DON'T KNOW WHERE THESE FOLLOWERS ARE FROM!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

check to see if your new followers have some sort of "boost your soundcloud fans / followers" on their profile, or somewhere on their page. I get a bunch of song likes and plays and sometimes followers from people who are either spam, or just interested in selling me soundcloud likes/hits. I can't say for anyone else, but all my followers are people that either know me, or are people who I know are following me for a specific reason (eg was part of a company who made instruments that I was using on the song and promoting) - any other "followers" are just spam / people who are trying to sell fake traffic etc.
Hi,

check to see if your new followers have some sort of "boost your soundcloud fans / followers" on their profile, or somewhere on their page. I get a bunch of song likes and plays and sometimes followers from people who are either spam, or just interested in selling me soundcloud likes/hits. I can't say for anyone else, but all my followers are people that either know me, or are people who I know are following me for a specific reason (eg was part of a company who made instruments that I was using on the song and promoting) - any other "followers" are just spam / people who are trying to sell fake traffic etc.

I think you may be right there. The guy who followed me yesterday, before this started. had this profile picture: http://i.imgur.com/smAd3DT

One or two accounts seem legitimate after that, but all the accounts are follower whore accounts.
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Yes, that is definitely a "spam" type of account, just trying to get you to buy fans / likes unfortunately. I usually get a couple of these followers every time I upload a new song, sadly.