Answered

Releasing an individual artist's album under a record label - how to keep the stats the same on both accounts?

• 16 May 2016
  • 1 reply

So obviously I'm pretty new to this. I've just started a record label and I have been working with a few artists to get some albums out. How can I release their music under the record label's soundcloud AND the individual artist soundcloud while keeping the stats the same without reposting from the artist page to the record label page or vice versa? For example, Getter is signed to OWSLA. The EP Radical Dude! was released on both pages without reposting and the plays are the same (obviously the individual playlists have different stats but that's fine). How can I achieve this so the record label page and individual artist page can post the same music without having the two albums interfere with each other? (Picture for example)

icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 May 2016, 11:30

Hi there,

Hmm, if you have uploaded one and the same track on two accounts (1. your label account, 2. the artist account), it will be treated as two separate tracks with individual stats - there is not an option to see the stats in one and the same place.

Depending who needs to oversee the stats and whether an artists wants to manage their own SoundCloud account, I'd recommend to upload the music to one of the accounts, then repost from the other account for the purpose of exposure.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, if you have uploaded one and the same track on two accounts (1. your label account, 2. the artist account), it will be treated as two separate tracks with individual stats - there is not an option to see the stats in one and the same place.

Depending who needs to oversee the stats and whether an artists wants to manage their own SoundCloud account, I'd recommend to upload the music to one of the accounts, then repost from the other account for the purpose of exposure.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis