Answered

Ridiculous amount of (fake) followers..

• 2 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi there,
I have about 70.000 followers on my page and I think not even half of the followers are active users.
A while back a started getting thousands of new followers every day for some reason.. I emailed Soundcloud and asked about it, they told me that I was put in the "Who to follow" list..

I posted a new track 3 days ago which has, so far only received some 200 plays.
This makes no sense...
Is there a way for Soundcloud to remove these fake followers?

Thanks,

Sig
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 3 February 2017, 12:12

Go to one of the account pages that is definitely a spam account. CoreneFishfield for example.

Click on the Report button: 3 dots next to the message button, right side of screen under header picture.

Go to "Other".

Scroll down the Reporting On SoundCloud page to the "What Would You Like To Report" options.

Choose "Activity"

On the Reporting Activity page choose "Fake Activity"

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you finally get to the orange "Report" button where you can send a detailed explanation.
View original

3 replies

Anyone know how I can contact the people of Soundcloud directly?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Go to one of the account pages that is definitely a spam account. CoreneFishfield for example.

Click on the Report button: 3 dots next to the message button, right side of screen under header picture.

Go to "Other".

Scroll down the Reporting On SoundCloud page to the "What Would You Like To Report" options.

Choose "Activity"

On the Reporting Activity page choose "Fake Activity"

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you finally get to the orange "Report" button where you can send a detailed explanation.
Thanks for your help!