Question

RSS Sub Number Dropped Drastically

We have been a podcat for over a year now and recently made the jump to Soundcloud from hosting our audio on our Squarespace site. My normal RSS subscriber number while on Squarespace was 2000-2100 per week for our Film Basement show and 2400 for the Disney Magic Hour podcast. This was mirrored in our first two weeks on Soundcloud after we changed the RSS Url. Now, the RSS stat is 250 (ish) for the Film Basement podcast.
Our other show, Disney Magic Hour, was also recently mirgrated to Soundcloud but that number has been steady at 2600 Subs on the RSS stat (where AppleCoreMedia ect are listed)
I can't believe that we lost 85% of our audience from one week to the next on the Film Basement show. We have over 70 5 star reviews on iTunes currently and got 5 new reviews in the last week. So we lost 2000 listeners but gained reviews?
This is following the RSS outage that Soundcloud experienced as well so is that a factor? If it is, how come it did not effect my other shows stats? I am at a total loss honestly. Anyone have any possible reasons for this? Thanks everyone, Peter

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with this. There was a major maintenance on the RSS feed service over the last weekend, which caused for the feeds to become temporarily unavailable. They are back now, so your numbers should increase again soon.

All the best
Mathis
Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with this. There was a major maintenance on the RSS feed service over the last weekend, which caused for the feeds to become temporarily unavailable. They are back now, so your numbers should increase again soon.

All the best
Mathis

Numbers still have not recovered. The RSS download has been at zero ever since we switched over to SC and the new stats. Again, from over 2000 weekly RSS subscribers to a stat showing 0 on the bar graph and around 250 on the lower right RSS stat.