Question

Serious "Followers" AND "Following" Counter bug

• 7 October 2015
  • 50 replies

There seems to be a serious bug in the followers and following counter. I receive about 4-7 new followers each day and the counter has stopped at a certain number. It just wont update anymore. the same goes for the following counter. I follow new people almost every day and the counter just stays the same.

I read this forum and it seems that a lot of people are having this issue. I just ran out of upload minutes and was just about to go for a pro membership but this issue has stopped me from doing that.

If this bug doesnt get fixed I see no reason for my to go for the pro subscription so I hope that anyone can help.

thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for comments

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Marti,

Can you please tell me what number the counter has stopped at for followers and following?

Thanks,
Gina
currently at 870 and 853.
I also notice that the same person is following me 3 times this week. that could indicate he gets unfollowed for some reason.
I got 113 followers and then 50 of them disappear in one day .
Its really strange 😞
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/not-solved-followers-not-growing?topic-reply-l...
Userlevel 3
The followers count doesn't work anymore guys, soundcloud have neglected to fix it for a long time now, millions of people have been moaning about this latest problem.
Userlevel 2
Yeah, its fucked
Userlevel 3
Very annoyed about the followers problem not being resolved.
Have the same problem. Could you please fix it ?
having the same problem, soundcloud need to fix this right away, if they dont i wont be paying for pro anymore
Userlevel 2
It doesn't matter if you are on pro or not, the problem still persists. I still have missing functions on my page which has been going on now for nearly two months and I still have had no satisfactory replies or explanations. Soundcloud is not functioning properly and hasn't been for some time now. They don't give a fuck because we are not big time artists or signed to Sony or any other major company. Crying shame!! I've signed off from the Pro subscription due to the reliability issues anyway.
I started experiencing this probably about three months ago, when my follower numbers slowly started rising. One day it just stopped updating, for both followers and following. I thought it was a issue with my computer or something, but I guess its a problem over on Soundcloud's side. Its not a big issue, but its starting to really bother me. I hope someone at Soundcloud fixes this.
The "following" count does not seem to be working for me. "followers" one seems okay.
same issue here , getting legit followers every day , yet the count stopped months ago ..
I’m having trouble with both counys. I stopped following people, but my count doesnt reflect that. My followers have been stuck on 975 for half a year! WTF?
sound cloud just put up this notice:
Maintenance: Frozen Follow Counts15:40 CET/ 06:40 PST

Hey everyone,

We are currently performing some essential maintenance work on our follows service.

This will mean that follower and following counts on your account will be frozen at their current levels for potentially up to a week from today.

You’ll still be able to follow and be followed as normal but these won’t be reflected in the counts on your profile until the maintenance is complete.

This work should ensure that following on SoundCloud remains stable into the future.

We appreciate your patience on this.

heres a link to the feed

http://status.soundcloud.com/post/139112658885/maintenance-frozen-follow-counts#note-container
i'm having the same issue, my followers has been stuck on 264 for a while now despite me getting notifications of new followers
same for me .. its annoying .. why am i still a paying customer .. ?
Hi Marti,

Can you please tell me what number the counter has stopped at for followers and following?

Thanks,
Gina

hey Gina, i have the same Problem. i want to go Pro Unlimited, but my follower-Count is stuck on 85 for weeks now, even if i get new followers daily...under those circumstances i will wait paying for your Service. if you can help me out, i will purchase it...but at the Moment, that is really sad..sad for all the work putting in this..

best regards, hannes
Userlevel 2
Its not worth paying for. I don't see any big advantages anyhow.
It doesn't stop people making music
Hi Marti,

Thanks,
Gina

Hello, why has my account went from following 250 people to following 1250 people. It looks horrible for potential fanbase.
Hi Marti,

Thanks,
Gina

same here! i follow max 20 people and it says i follow 1k, wtf is going on? same with mixes and remixes being taken down! im about to leave soundcloud!
I'm suppose to have something like 300 followers and it's at 0 for 3 weeks now...

I uploaded my last track yesterday but it's not professionnal at all for new visitors on my profile..

I was wondering about getting a pro account but this stopped me just too much...

I'll do it when the problem will be solved

Best regards
sort your god damn sevice out for god sake how fucking hard is it ? of all the programing you had to do to get the site up and running and you cant fix a fucking counter ? mine has been stuck for months and im most certanly not following 2k people
Userlevel 2
Hi Marti,

Thanks,
Gina

My following is 16 and I follow only 16 back yet my profile and stats show 23 followers and 22 following. The screen that shows the profile pictures is 16 same on both. 16 profiles all confirmed followers and I know who I'm following. It's only 16 but the stats say 23&22