Question

Someone is adding plays to my tracks that I don't think are real....

• 4 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone, I'm a producer who is just beginning to expand my fan base. I've uploaded a few remixes that I've produced and have gotten some success from a few blogs. However, in the past few days, I've been noticing some strange activity on one of my tracks.

This track had around 1500 plays after 4 days and for some reason is now at 4,110 and growing by 2 or 3 more every few seconds. I suspect that very few of these are real because there's no reason for my track to almost triple in plays when no new blog has featured it and there's almost no user interaction (no change in the number of comments, reposts, or hearts. I have no use for fake plays and number boosting stats and am not responsible for this. If anything, it's damaging to my artist reputation because it looks like I'm paying for plays.

What can I do to prevent this from happening or stop this from happening? Is it just a potential bug on my track or what's going on?

Thanks!
-Felix

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Effex,

Thank you for getting in touch on the help forum. I'd like to take a look into this for you, can you please tell me which track it is?

Thanks again for your patience while we investigate!

Best,
Gina
Hi Gina, it's for this track right here:

https://soundcloud.com/effexusa/thank-you-remix

I would not like for it to be removed, but it'd be great if I could find out what's going on. Thanks!

Best,
Felix
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Felix,

Thanks for following up on that and for providing the link. Hmm, ok so I've looked into the details and the lot of your plays are coming through directly via SoundCloud.com, and from within the US actually. One of the users who has reposted your track on their profile has a good 8000+ followers, all of whom will see your track in their Streams, which would explain so many users to be listening to your track.

Thus, there are no indicators for these to be fake plays at this time.

Enjoy the ride Felix :-)

Cheers
Mathis
I too am having this same issue and I'm not too sure honestly that these plays are real... I can't find any kind of blog posting for it. My track Syria is getting 100 + plays daily while my others get nearly 10. Is this a legitimate play counting? I can't see where it's coming from...