Solved

Someone's giving me a massive bunch of fake followers, reposts and likes

• 5 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi there family,

This is my first message here at the SoundCloud community so let me first introduce mysel.

I'm Surce, a music producer from Spain. I've been using SoundCloud for at least the last 4 years and for me it's the best place to upload my stuff and share my creations. This 2014 and 2015 I've been working hard to get a bit known in the EDM Trap scene, and well... I'm happy with the results for now at SoundCloud, Facebook and all the social media buzz that it generated.

Yesterday signed in to my SoundCloud as I do in a daily basis to check up my statistics, reposts and see if there's any interesting message or follower there. I was surprised because everything literally "exploded" since I realised that gained over 1k followers, 1k reposts and 1k likes in less than a day. Initially I thought that maybe a well known artist in the scene reposted or supported my stuff but I was wrong and that wasn't the case. They all are BOTS reposting one of my 2014's tracks, some of them even with the same profile picture.

I already contacted the SoundCloud support via email at support [at] SoundCloud [dot] com but I'm not sure if they'll be able to help me in that subject since it's still happening. This monday I had 21.4k followers by far and now they're like exactly 23.8k and still counting... This is really sad and I don't know how to get rid of them all. How's that even possible to happen? I can't even report them all in bulk since I would have to block and report them all one by one... For real I don't understand why people does that to themselves since they're all fakes, but that was completely unexpected, someone else did that for me... What a wrong way to show some support :(

My SoundCloud profile is: http://www.soundcloud.com/surcebeats
The track that's getting reposted and faved: https://soundcloud.com/surcebeats/just-some-herb

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 13 March 2017, 14:41

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this. When you see this type of activity on your profile, please help our Trust & Safety team by reporting these profiles directly. Here's the step by step how to do so. The team continues to look at ways to detect spam / fake profiles as soon as possible, and to prevent them from being created in the first place.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

hey im having the same problem !!!

someone is buying all those fake followers and directing them to my account

i had like 700 and now take a look

https://soundcloud.com/time-travel-beats
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this. When you see this type of activity on your profile, please help our Trust & Safety team by reporting these profiles directly. Here's the step by step how to do so. The team continues to look at ways to detect spam / fake profiles as soon as possible, and to prevent them from being created in the first place.

Cheers
Mathis