Question

Sound Quality Codec | any difference with Go+ ?

• 12 June 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi Girls and Guys,
Ladies and Gents,
Ovums and Sperms,

A quick one:
will i get more than 128 kb/s when i spend 10$ per month on Go+ or will it stay this 128 kb/s

I've got good HiFi equip and i love to hear good music specially in good quality emotins are starting at 320kb/s and a good codec 🙂 What will soundcloud offer me whey i spend money on this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Currently, all of our users upload are streamed on 128kbps mp3 stereo audio. This applies to all of our subscription plans. When a user allows their tracks to be downloaded, you will be able to download the originally uploaded file, though.

Cheers
Mathis
I am an audio engineer and professor and it is very frustrating to listen to any tracks on Soundcloud. Mp3 128kbps is just horrible! Please upgrade to 256 or 320kbps.
And evidently, they just lowered it down to 64kbps, which is just a really mean thing to do to yourself. It has become completely unacceptable. I look forward to whatever company steps up to replace Soundcloud — or new management of the company that appeals to music lovers.

Currently, all of our users upload are streamed on 128kbps mp3 stereo audio. This applies to all of our subscription plans.

Mathis, can you confirm that this was changed to 64kbps, and if so — do the subscription plans also use this sub-par compression?