Solved

Stats Bug: Soundcloud plays disappeared FIXED

• 1 November 2015
  • 22 replies

My latest mixtape I uploaded last week did get 557 plays or above, but today I looked and it decreased to 460, why? I don't ever buy soundcloud plays.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 2 November 2015, 23:46

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Our developers were looking into what went wrong here and they found two bugs in the system that is providing the stats.

Firstly, you may have noticed a sudden increase and then a sudden drop on your play stats, this is because on the 30th of October around 12pm UTC there was a duplication of stats on certain tracks which was then corrected on the 1st of November, which is when you saw the drop, but this was actually a correction back to the right number.

The second issue discovered is a small discrepancy between the total plays of your “mini stats” on your stream page and the total plays under the overall view on your stats page. This is due to the data being collected from two different information centres, the stats team plan to make a change tomorrow in order to correct this number across both pages.

We’re sorry that we have been experiencing some issues with the stats as of late, but the developer teams working on this have informed us that the latest amendments they’re making should avoid these jumps and drops from happening and causing confusion again.

I hope that makes sense, and sorry again for the frustration this has caused!

Cheers,
Mathis
View original

22 replies

Same happened to me. I had almost 6k plays and today I am down to 5300?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Our developers were looking into what went wrong here and they found two bugs in the system that is providing the stats.

Firstly, you may have noticed a sudden increase and then a sudden drop on your play stats, this is because on the 30th of October around 12pm UTC there was a duplication of stats on certain tracks which was then corrected on the 1st of November, which is when you saw the drop, but this was actually a correction back to the right number.

The second issue discovered is a small discrepancy between the total plays of your “mini stats” on your stream page and the total plays under the overall view on your stats page. This is due to the data being collected from two different information centres, the stats team plan to make a change tomorrow in order to correct this number across both pages.

We’re sorry that we have been experiencing some issues with the stats as of late, but the developer teams working on this have informed us that the latest amendments they’re making should avoid these jumps and drops from happening and causing confusion again.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where are my listens?!.

I posted a song today and it got up to about 47 plays in 2 hours, but when i went back to check again it had only one. My stats box says I got 55 listens in the last 24 hours, so what gives?
Is there any way to fix this? Who do I need to email with caps lock activated? If y'all got a solution it would be much appreciated, thanks!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problems with Statts.

Goodmorning, I'm also having problems with my statts; yesterday is was about 500 something plays in total, and now back to 300 something. and (keeping score on paper for myself!!!), a few songs were played, but now dissapeared again. How can this happen ???
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Play count figure decreased!.

My play count has decreased to figures that I saw 3 days ago.

I remember this figure because I was keeping track everyday.

I read similar posts and answers about fraudulent plays, but there can't be any fraudulent plays since I never asked anyone to play the tracks repeatedly for me. How can this happen?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sound cloud plays deleted.

Uploaded a song and was up at least 100 plays, when I checked back in later all the plays were deleted and back to 0. What happened?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled total plays is wrong.

My total number of plays was 22,226, I have just logged bcak into soundcloud and it is now 20,368. How can the total number of plays decrease this drastically? :/

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My plays went from 30-80 a day to nothing over the entire last week. Something ha....

My plays went from 30-80 a day to nothing over the entire last week. Something has to be wrong. Help!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Play count on both of my tracks has reset.

Alright, so the play count on both of my tracks has reset, but the like and repost stats have stayed the same, and when I check the stats, everything adds up correctly. So the only issue is with the play counter itself. Does anyone know the solution to this issue? Thanks.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I recently posted a track generated around 700+ plays over night, but now they're....

I recently posted a track generated around 700+ plays over night, but now they're gone but still on my stats page, I still have 6 likes and 1 download but it's supposed to be 7 and 3 according to my stats page, are they bots? or is it a glitch?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled play count on track resets.

Recently uploaded 2 mixes in the last 2 days and hit 1800 total plays (from all tracks) and when i checked again it went down 1700..not sure what happened..one recent upload (Throwback Reggaeton Vol 2) had 42 hits and now only shows 1 play on my profile..please help
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My past 12 months stats are wrong for Octob. Safari 9.0.1 on Mac. It says 224 pla....

My stats for the past twelve months are out of whack for the month of October. It says I've had 224 plays in Oct when I only had around 116. Could you please fix this in my past 12 months stats? Many thanks, A M H
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled BIG difference in counter plays between our only track and the "total plays".

Hi, our counter under our song shows 31k, and the "plays in total" counter shows 50k - but we only have posted one song, so looks like there's a bug; do we have 31k or 50k plays ?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Plays not adding properly in "Total Plays".

Hello, SC users,
On my record label's profile, I noticed the total play count is at around 740 plays. However, when I added up the plays that were shown on the 3 songs that were uploaded publicly, and an estimated amount of plays on private tracks (no longer uploaded, sum being around 20 to 30 plays for the private tracks), the total plays did not match whatsoever.

The actual total from what I added was just under 400 plays. So there are over 300 plays that aren't real. Not once have I "payed for plays" or anything of the sort, I keep my reach organic.

I proceeded to check my analytics to see if this showed anything different, and it did. The plays shown on the analytics showed two of the public tracks being well over 200 plays, whereas on the actual songs, they showed just under 200 plays. The third track that was just below 100 was suddenly around 190 plays.

Example being: on the uploaded song "Circle effect- Unify (Original Mix)" shows about 190 plays on the post. In the analytics, it shows over 250 plays on Unify. This is was seen when I go to the "overall" stats and hover over the block that corresponds with this track.

I feel like this may be a fault in the system, however I am not entirely sure. Any explanation of why this may be is helpful.

Thanks in advance!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Plays not adding properly in "Total Plays".

Hello, SC users,
On my record label's profile, I noticed the total play count is at around 740 plays. However, when I added up the plays that were shown on the 3 songs that were uploaded publicly, and an estimated amount of plays on private tracks (no longer uploaded, sum being around 20 to 30 plays for the private tracks), the total plays did not match whatsoever.

The actual total from what I added was just under 400 plays. So there are over 300 plays that aren't real. Not once have I "payed for plays" or anything of the sort, I keep my reach organic.

I proceeded to check my analytics to see if this showed anything different, and it did. The plays shown on the analytics showed two of the public tracks being well over 200 plays, whereas on the actual songs, they showed just under 200 plays. The third track that was just below 100 was suddenly around 190 plays.

Example being: on the uploaded song "Circle effect- Unify (Original Mix)" shows about 190 plays on the post. In the analytics, it shows over 250 plays on Unify. This is was seen when I go to the "overall" stats and hover over the block that corresponds with this track.

I feel like this may be a fault in the system, however I am not entirely sure. Any explanation of why this may be is helpful.

Thanks in advance!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Play counts and comments keep changing/disappearing for my newest track.

The play counts and comments for my newest track "Running Ragged" keep disappearing. Sometimes the plays drop back to 1 and all comments are erased, then the plays and comments return--comments are there below, but the avatars along the track image are all gone.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ongoing problem with my stats.

I'm using the latest version of chrome on Windows 7.

For at least the past two months, I've noticed that the play stats on one of my tracks has been jumping back and forth between two numbers. In the past couple weeks, it seems to be returning to the same lower number (1937) again and again, despite people listening to it on a daily basis.

I'm wondering if there's an unknown issue affecting my account, or if this is part of the widespread issue people have been having with their stats which is still ongoing. Thanks.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled variations with stats.

This last 3-4 days I'm exeperiencing variations in the play counter, in the number of follower and in the number of comments. I don't know what to do but this is a problem for me as I am a neo-born label.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stats are incorrect.

my soundcloud plays stats show a certain amount when i first refresh the page , then all of sudden drop to an abnormal amount in a second its weird , i once had 1,800,000+ total plays it suddenly dropped to 1,500,000 really weird . not sure whats up with my stats but would like for it to be resolved please
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Play Stats not matching up.

Suddenly my Stats "Plays" number does not match my Profiles' total plays number AND the Stats "Plays" number (upper left corner) does not match the Stats graph number. First time issue, always the same before last night (USA time).
im having the same issue as this, one of my songs had 202 plays and literally mintues ago it dropp to 147, this has happened twice to the same song now, very frustrating
Hey there, please my stats for my song classic girl stopped showing and I have over 500,000 plays on it please how can I fix this thanks. https://soundcloud.com/spencerkratos/classic-girl

Cheers,
Mathis

p