Question

Stats dropping >50%, will probably lose sponsorship

• 14 October 2015
  • 14 replies

Hi,
The thing is that the first problem was that I wanted help ith the stream function were the latest episode never showed up until 1 week after.

The problem was solved last week but the next problem came up, all third party apps went "unknown" and many listeners had problem to play our episodes from them with subscription on your platform, since one week back we have lost >50% of our listeners according to stats. I have made a screenshot to show you how big impact this problem have been for us. I'm affraid that we will lose our sponsors because of this.

https://soundcloud.com/fill-or-kill/

14 replies

Nobody seems to care though...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Fill or Kill,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I've looked into this and I believe that this due to an outage that we were experiencing around the same time as you were writing in about this. Our API was experiencing a bug which lead to 3rd party apps to not function properly. Can this be the reason for the issue?

Unfortunately, we did have another outage earlier today, so this might also have an impact on your stats. My sincere apologies about this. Our engineers did what they could to get these issues solved asap.

Please let us know if your stats have "normalized", or if this needs further investigation from our end.

All the best,
Mathis
Hi there Fill or Kill,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I've looked into this and I believe that this due to an outage that we were experiencing around the same time as you were writing in about this. Our API was experiencing a bug which lead to 3rd party apps to not function properly. Can this be the reason for the issue?

Unfortunately, we did have another outage earlier today, so this might also have an impact on your stats. My sincere apologies about this. Our engineers did what they could to get these issues solved asap.

Please let us know if your stats have "normalized", or if this needs further investigation from our end.

All the best,
Mathis

Hi Mathis,
Our stats has not normalized and I saw the same thing with the 3rd party apps and also got some questions from our listeners recently. I would like to get this fixed asap sinc eour sponsors follow up our stats weekly.

Best regards
Fredrik
Userlevel 5
Nobody seems to care though...
This place is now a complete mess and a very big joke,ive just put a mix up and noticed now the stream is just full of crap i dont even want to hear or have an interest in,and first time now noticed my mix is nt even showing in the stream,even less promoting,yet taking the same prescription costs
Userlevel 5
Hi there Fill or Kill,

All the best,
Mathis

Hahaha stats normalizing:) theyve decreased that much now since the changes and the most obvious one taking away the play button on the embedded player for facebook!
Hi there Fill or Kill,

All the best,
Mathis

When did they do that?
Hi there Fill or Kill,

All the best,
Mathis

Hi Mathis, we haven't seen any change in our stats yet. We see our iTunes trending up but Soundcloud is still unchanged, low stats far below our average.
Hello?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

We've reached out to the relevant product team about this again and are hoping for a response from them soon. We'll then update you on this here.
Anything new?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Anything new?
Hi Fill or Kill,

Hope you're having a great day! Apologies about the silence. I was still waiting to hear back from our engineers about this, which is now the case. The engineers who have been on the case have dug deep into the analytics of the stats systems, and have communicated back and forth multiple times to make sure they are not missing anything.

They've now gotten back to me to confirm that the stats are providing the correct numbers.

Now, where do we go from here? As I'd mentioned before, there has been some downtime when you first approached us about this, and there has also been an issue with our API, which 3rd party developers would use in order to build their apps or integrations based on SoundCloud. Thus, my question - do you have any insight as to how the majority of your listeners usually listens to your content? Is this on SoundCloud directly, or could it be through an app?

The reason I'm asking is so we can better understand the issue that happened with your play counts around that time, and use it to put measures in place that prevent this from happening again.

Cheers
Mathis
Anything new?
Hi as far as I can see, these are the apps which is still missing in the stats after the glitch.

PlexPercobaan
Soundloader
Clouder!
Media Center
Anything new?
When I check the apps under stats during october there's still no names for the apps just "(Unknown App)".
Hi there Fill or Kill,

All the best,
Mathis

how can i get in the sponsored section or have my tracks listed sponsor
please message me or email 10stackzdirect@gmail.com