Question

Stats not displaying properly

• 6 June 2016
  • 1 reply

Hey there,

I've noticed that the stats and play counters on my songs aren't displaying plays.
I know this because (for instance) a few recent songs I've posted have gotten hearts (likes) but there aren't any play counts for them.

What's going on; is something wrong with my account? Or are these just bots randomly liking my songs without listening to them? etc.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I'm seeing your play counts just fine actually. If you still don't see them, please try a different browser, and also make sure to reset the zoom of your current browser if you've changed that.

Generally speaking, the stats under your waveform on the track page will take a bit longer to update, so the most up to date stats will always be on your stats page rather then on the track page.

Lastly, liking a track does not require that a user has listened to a track beforehand. Some users are trying to abuse this feature hoping to get back likes and followers, however others are using the feature in order to listen to a track at a later point, because they don't want to skip away the track that is currently playing.

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers
Mathis