Question

Sudden boost in plays overnight?

• 4 September 2017
  • 7 replies

So..I'm gaining heavy buzz over the past year musically so its no surprise that I wake up the next day and have about 200+ plays overnight. However, this morning I woke up to 2000 plays overnight. Many artist would be excited, but I find it strange that I barely got any likes, repost, or comments between those 2000 extra plays. And no I do not use any crappy sites and pay for play bots. I do network heavily with artist for repost, but it seems strange that a song would go from 3000 to 5000 in one night with very little feedback.

Long story short: How do I find out if this sudden boost in plays is strictly organic or a spam bot?

7 replies

same... 200 500 2k or something... like thanks ! but maby other legit ways ! xxx
So..I'm gaining heavy buzz over the past year musically so its no surprise that I wake up the next day and have about 200+ plays overnight. However, this morning I woke up to 2000 plays overnight. Many artist would be excited, but I find it strange that I barely got any likes, repost, or comments between those 2000 extra plays. And no I do not use any crappy sites and pay for play bots. I do network heavily with artist for repost, but it seems strange that a song would go from 3000 to 5000 in one night with very little feedback.

Long story short: How do I find out if this sudden boost in plays is strictly organic or a spam bot?

check it out let me know what you think! leave a comment on the soundcloud. goodlookn! https://soundcloud.com/stakczomft/stakcz-advice
Maybe it's because you've done a great song. sometimes, if you tag a song with the name of some top artist people find it massively

Yea I can't front its one of my best songs lol. Now that the stats are updated I have some proof they're real plays so I feel better now. thanks!
Did anyone repost it during that time? Check recent reposters and see if they have big followings.
Have you checked your Stats?

Thanks for replying, after a few hours the stats finally uploaded so I think everything is legit. The plays must've just been coming in too fast haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi SakéBoy,

Our Trust & Safety team continues to fight spam accounts, bots, etc. on SoundCloud. Unfortunately, this is a never ending struggle. Whether the plays came from an authentic resource is often difficult to say. You can find further info about this here on our help center: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003567748-Activity-on-tracks-look-suspicious-or-fake

Best
Mathis
Maybe it's because you've done a great song. sometimes, if you tag a song with the name of some top artist people find it massively
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Did anyone repost it during that time? Check recent reposters and see if they have big followings.
Have you checked your Stats?