Question

The RSS Download counter does not work on our stats page.

• 9 September 2015
  • 3 replies

A few months ago, we started getting stats on our rss downloads. After a few weeks of averaging 2 or 3 downloads per day, the counter returned to 0 downloads and has not tracked a download since. I know this because I have tested it several times by downloading different episodes of our podcast. Is there any way we could fix this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tank,

When we released Podcasting out of beta we made a change in the way stats were shown by separating downloads and plays (previously these were counted together). We had an overwhelming response from our podcasting community that they preferred the metric to be lumped together instead of separate so we changed it back. If you are no longer seeing a "download count" it's because this count is part of your play count.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you have more questions.

-Gina
Thanks Gina,

I would prefer if they were counted separately, but it is fine either way. That being said, It does not make a whole lot of sense to me that the download counter fields still appear. Wouldn't it make more sense to remove them if they won't ever be used?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Gina,

I would prefer if they were counted separately, but it is fine either way. That being said, It does not make a whole lot of sense to me that the download counter fields still appear. Wouldn't it make more sense to remove them if they won't ever be used?

Hi again,

Removing this at some point is the idea, however we don't have an ETA for this just yet. They still provide important insights for some users who have been using these for episodes that were uploaded before the podcasting RSS stats were changed.