Answered

Today, suddenly became suspicious many followers was added on my page

• 17 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello.
Today, suddenly became suspicious many followers was added on my page (for more than 3000, and in the morning (and the previous three years) 270). At first I thought that my song was in the thick web of events, but then I fell to the ground and realized that perhaps these numbers are wrong. After so many followers, and there is practically no plays. Tell me what to do? Thank you so much. :?:?
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 18 February 2017, 11:12

A first step would be to look at one of these profiles. Maybe use this one as it is a perfect example of my description of why I said they looked suspicious: https://soundcloud.com/yxanuhoj7

Click the report button. (Three dots on the right, just under the header picture ) Then go to the "Other" option.
Scroll down the page until you get to the 'What would you like to report?" options and choose "Activity".

On the next page choose the "Fake Activity" option. At the very bottom of the next page you finally get to the orange "Report" button. Use that form to give a detailed explanation. Maybe add the link to this thread.

However, this being the start of the weekend you aren't likely to hear anything back until Monday.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I've looked at a random selection of your recent followers.
All have slightly unbelievable names, like a first name and surname and a number all together as one word, or they are just User number whatever.
None have posted, reposted or liked a track.
All are following roughly the same amount of people, around 40, and they are all following a lot of the same people.
A few say they have 1 or 2 followers but nothing actually shows if you go to the list, so those were probably spam bots that have been reported by real humans.

So, it looks as if these are fake followers. I can't say why they've targeted you and some of the other people they are following. Possibly one of these people has bought fake followers to boost the appearance of their popularity, and whoever "operates" these fake follower accounts latch onto a random selection of accounts to make them look a bit more genuine.

Probably someone from SoundCloud can remove everyone who has followed you recently in one large amount.
Probably someone from SoundCloud can remove everyone who has followed you recently in one large amount.

Tell me please, how can I contact them to notify the case. I don't want to have suffered my profile. Many thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
A first step would be to look at one of these profiles. Maybe use this one as it is a perfect example of my description of why I said they looked suspicious: https://soundcloud.com/yxanuhoj7

Click the report button. (Three dots on the right, just under the header picture ) Then go to the "Other" option.
Scroll down the page until you get to the 'What would you like to report?" options and choose "Activity".

On the next page choose the "Fake Activity" option. At the very bottom of the next page you finally get to the orange "Report" button. Use that form to give a detailed explanation. Maybe add the link to this thread.

However, this being the start of the weekend you aren't likely to hear anything back until Monday.
Same situation here, and it's still growing 😞 (from 100 to 4k)

Please remove those fake acccount!!!