What are these "other tracks" in the stats ?

Userlevel 2
Other listeners, I understand, it's people non connected.
Other countries, I understand too.

But Other tracks ? Yesterday, 20 plays on my profile, 17 are "other tracks" !

Can you please definitively solve this problem ? May I remind you that, as pro users, we pay also for these stats.

Thanks a lot.
J-Luc

19 replies

Userlevel 2
12 tracks unknown today...

Hello, is there anybody out there ?
Userlevel 2
HELLO SOUNDCLOUD ?

What are the "other tracks" in the stats ?

No answer yet ?

regards
J-Luc
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi J-Luc,

Looks like no one else from the Community has had the chance to respond. Here you go: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565328--Other-in-your-Stats-Overview-page

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
No, no and no.

The link you give me is about other listeners and other countries, I have OTHER TRACKS. What are other tracks ?

Today, 19 on a total of 23 tracks played are "others" !

regards
J-Luc
Userlevel 2
Still no answer. This is crazy 😞
i'm having the same problem.. I only have three songs up and the latest one i posted only shows it's plays as "other tracks"
Hey yall,

I think this is due to how stats are displayed on the stats page. The info button regarding "other tracks" says the following,

"To ensure your stats load quickly, only the 50 most played tracks during this timeframe display here. Plays of all other tracks display as “Other tracks”."

So let's say someone has cookies/tracking disabled for all sites, or possibly they have set their activity/profile to private or stream via an embedded player or third party app. The statistics for those plays might lack the information needed to show you which tracks are being played.

HAVING JUST SAID THIS ALL, LEMME SAY AS WELL...

Experiencing around 100+ plays currently that show as "Other Tracks" and climbing. Could be an issue with their database hosting the stats or something. Twitter feed doesn't appear to show anything related for Souncloud's support profile but i'll keep an eye out.

Cheers
Userlevel 2
>The statistics for those plays might lack the information needed to show you which tracks are being played.

Hum... as soon as the SoundCloud server "opens" one of my tracks to play it to anybody, it "knows" which track it is. To who it is played and to which country can be tricky but which track, is an obvious information.

> Could be an issue with their database

Must be...

Have a nice WE 🙂
Userlevel 2
20 Sister up in heaven (Cover Ian Bairnson) 1 plays
21 Octobre (S. Cartier) 1 plays
Other tracks (only the 50 most played tracks during this timeframe display here)

21 is not 50.
Userlevel 2
A new track, posted yesterday... I want to follow it, it's the most played for the last week, it appears in "other tracks". Crazy...
I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating that no answers are being provided. Perhaps one day we'll have better stats on Pro and the ability to export the stats.
I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating that no answers are being provided. Perhaps one day we'll have better stats on Pro and the ability to export the stats.

That would be glorious. What they really need right now is community development input from independent developers that seek to do portfolio work. I hope some people step up.
I would just add that after a day or two those gray areas are then filled in with the proper track info, conversely some red track info gets grayed out from past plays. A bit wobbly, I'd say. Maybe it is due to the fact that listeners don't listen to a full track and there is too little info to go on, what say you all?
Hey,

same here. I'd love to know as well!!!
From Podtracs whitepaper on measurements:
Certain client software packages do not provide user
agent information, in which case the client software cannot be identified. These
are reported by Podtrac as “Unknown”.

interpretation:
soo, say you add your RSS feed to google play and then google play then downloads your tracks for its listeners to its "store". Now your listener is playing this track through the google play app and google is reporting back they are playing a track but not which one..so that track measurement will be seen as "other" .... NOW I cant say this if google reports the information correctly or not I just used them as an example.

I hope this helps. "Others" is legit listens but just remember the player being used is not reporting what track they are playing only that they are playing a track from your feed which sucks because you can't tell what track is performing well from "others" but thats no fault of soundcloud thats the app developers of the player being used.

I do have a feeling its Google thats not reporting correctly since Google's app is the only one that's not showing on my stats both on soundcloud and podtrac but I personally listens through my own account from google play.
If somebody plays a track shared on twitter or tumblr, would it show up under "Websites" or "Apps" or, for me, doesn't show up at all? I was hoping the Unlimited Pro subscription would tell me if posting tracks to twitter, etc. was having any measurable effect. Still don't know.
Hi... i think that they are you play my Repost track on my profile.This is possible??
Userlevel 2
It's sad that Soundcloud couldn't give a satisfying answer to their customers
I'm getting allot of these "other track" plays from tinyurls for some reason, anyone know something about those plays? They just started appearing since I am using the RSS feed.