Question

Why does my like tracks amount keep fluctuating up and down all the time?

• 24 September 2015
  • 23 replies

Every time I login, my like tracks amount keeps going up and down constantly. What is going on?! I would appreciate a sincere answer instead of getting the run-around or no answer at all. Thank you.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Andy,

Can you let us know further details about this? What device are you using, and what operating system and browser / app? Also, if you could send over a screenshot that shows the number that seems to be changing randomly, that'd be great to make sure we're on the same page about things.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there Andy,

Can you let us know further details about this? What device are you using, and what operating system and browser / app? Also, if you could send over a screenshot that shows the number that seems to be changing randomly, that'd be great to make sure we're on the same page about things.

Cheers
Mathis

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series Notebook. I have Windows 7 Pro and I'm using Google Chrome as my browser. I'll work on getting some screenshots. I tried before but it wouldn't work. I just got this back after having the hard drive replaced. Maybe it will work this time.
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I've been trying to take screenshots and it won't work. 😕
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Sorry, but I've tried everything to get screenshot to work but it just won't. 😕
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I just lost 20 likes over night last night. This seems to be a nightly basis of this garbage. I'm trying to be patient but I've lost my patience with this. Maybe, I should just delete my account and that will solve the problem?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi there AndyM14,

Sorry to hear this is an ongoing issue for you. Here's a page that explains how to take screenshots. Hope this helps.

Other then that, are you referring to the tracks that you like, or are you referring to the likes you're getting from other users on your tracks? Maybe this way we can approach the issue and its root cause.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I'm referring to tracks that I like. I don't have any published tracks.

I know how to take a screenshot, but for some reason on this laptop it won't work. I've also searched on google to help and I do what they say and the screenshot still won't work. I don't see a link to the page you mentioned?
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I was finally able to take a screenshot. I hope this is okay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi again Andy,

Hmm, ok let's see - I've looked at your profile and at your likes page and refreshed the page a number of times, yet I was not able to see any vast amount of fluctuation to be honest.

Just to make sure - this is the number that you're referring to, correct? And you're saying that this number keeps jumping up and down?

Considering you have 3500+ likes from a large number of artists, chances are that this number changes quite a bit over time, with users deleting some of their tracks, setting them to private, etc.

Either way, maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue here, happy to take another look. Let me know if this requires further investigation.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Yes. That's the number I'm referring to.

I understand that it might drop sometimes because of artists or accounts cleaning out. But, not on a daily basis. Or, even while I'm logged into soundcloud. I've noticed on many pages that older tracks from when I first started on soundcloud have been unliked and when I click like on them again, they don't stay liked. I log out and they show up unliked again. That's the big issue I'm seeing. So, there has to be a bug or someone is messing with my account. I have no idea how I can actually show you what I mean? I don't think a screenshot will help.
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Is this matter concluded or what? I'm still losing likes and I want this fixed. My patience is officially through now. What's the point of liking tracks when I log out they're just going to keep getting unliked?! This is ridiculous!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi again Andy,

Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you earlier. I have forwarded this issue to our engineers to have a closer look, however they couldn't see any bugs that would be causing this. As you can see, the issue proofs touch to tackle. Any chance you have any tracks (URLs) that you've liked before, which then would not show on your likes page, but are still on SoundCloud? This way we could investigate this with actual example tracks.

Really sorry this is causing for such inconvenience.
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I notice the same thing, it's involved mates too that advise it was not initiated by them, just happened? I also have noticed that artists I follow, seem to beun-followed after a period of time. Not my doing. Suspect its an algorithmic issue? Please advise.
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I've noticed tracks a liked when I first started on here are unliked now. And, when I like them again and log out and log back in, they just go back to being unliked. I have no way of showing you this, but this seems to be the problem. And, the more tracks I like, the more this keeps happening. I know my like total should be much higher than it is. You say there's no bugs, then what's causing this? Someone's hacking into my account?
Hi there Andy,

Cheers
Mathis

I'm no expert in software, far from it, but i suspect it's related to algo's Soundcloud use for spam removal. Regrettably, the genuine clicks, likes, follows etc sometimes get caught up and changed as a result, is that the case SOUNDCLOUD?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Writing you today to let you know that our engineers have informed us that yesterday, a bug fix went out to address likes disappearing. This has been under investigation for a long time.

The number you were referring to might still change over time every now and then, due to the fact that the owners of the track might still delete tracks, set the to private, or they might be blocked due to copyrights, however the bug that was causing inconsistencies with this has now be sorted.

Apologies again that this investigation took so long.

All the best,
Mathis
Hi there,

Writing you today to let you know that our engineers have informed us that yesterday, a bug fix went out to address likes disappearing. This has been under investigation for a long time.

The number you were referring to might still change over time every now and then, due to the fact that the owners of the track might still delete tracks, set the to private, or they might be blocked due to copyrights, however the bug that was causing inconsistencies with this has now be sorted.

All the best,
Mathis

Thanks for letting me know. Cheers! 🙂
Hi there,

All the best,
Mathis

What bug spray do the engineers use? ha ha. Glad to hear it is sorted. Thanks Mathis and SC engineers! 😉
Hi, I have a track that has the same fluctuation issue. https://soundcloud.com/madikis/i-got-it-going-on

It keeps going up and down. When it's going up I receive multiple notifications but barely any track plays.

It's currently at 88 likes but has been as high as nearly 500. When it reaches the 80s it usually starts to climb again. My stats page shows 665 likes in the past 7 days so numbers are off.

I upgraded to a paying membership to track stats and I can't trust the numbers I'm seeing. Can this be fixed asap?
Only the most recent likes are being computed, the oldest likes are being discarded, why?
I was just billed for my monthly subscription. Not sure why I should continue paying if I can't rely on accurate stats. I don't want to wait until the next billing cycle passes before getting an answer. Looking forward to hearing back on this.
Waiting for over a month on a reply when you're paying for a service makes for a bad customer experience. Is anybody reading these? My counts continue to swing drastically from around 80 to 400+