Question

Why does one of my tracks have more downloads than plays?

I don't understand why one of my tracks would have 72 downloads but only 48 plays. I know these numbers aren't exactly huge but I'm intrigued to understand why.

I only have 8 tracks on my page. None of the other tracks get any regular plays at all. So why would this one track have a steady flow of plays and downloads, albeit disproportionate?

THANKS

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi IW,

Thanks for getting in touch on the help forum. I had a look at this particular track and it turns out that the downloads were coming from an app called Soundeos. This was an app that was violating our terms of use, it is no longer active. To find out more about Soundeos, take a look at http://Soundeos? D/L stats are going crazy. .

Hope that helps clear things up.

Best,
Gina
Hello Gina,

I am having the same problem. I have no idea what is going on either. One of my tracks, by the name of Mr. Darko has 82 downloads but only 9 plays? o_0 Any help or explanation for why this may be happening would be very helpful to me.

Thank you,

Qua-Z
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Qua-Z wrote:

Hello Gina,

I am having the same problem. I have no idea what is going on either. One of my tracks, by the name of Mr. Darko has 82 downloads but only 9 plays? o_0 Any help or explanation for why this may be happening would be very helpful to me.

Thank you,

Qua-Z

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've looked into this for you, and it looks like the majority of downloads was coming from http://starfrosch.ch/hot-100/. Maybe a lot of users of that website are rather downloading tracks from there then play them straight away? Also, please keep in mind that some users also like tracks before listening to them in order to easily get back to them at a later point via their Likes section. (though such a high discrepancy looks indeed a bit unusual, admittedly)

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers
Mathis
Qua-Z wrote:

Hello Gina,

Thank you,

Qua-Z

What puzzles me is why there are many more downloads than likes...I also have tracks that have more downloads than plays.
It's happening to me too. Almost the entirety of my EP, Terrarium (which I've uploaded to Soundcloud), has way more downloads than plays, even. I have no idea what's going on here and it's kinda freaking me out.