Question

Wrong stats all over the place

• 24 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, I'm new to soundcloud and creating music aswell. Still very much a beginner here. What bothers me, is that the site displays wrong stats basically everywhere. I had 7 followers and the site still says that I do even though it dropped down to 3 followers. It says my tracks have been played 4 times in total, but while checking which ones the actual amount is 3. I had 2 likes on my first upload even though according to the site it has never been played by anyone. etc etc

For such a big and popular site there seems to be a huge amount of bugs that should've been squashed ages ago.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Skillah,

I'm going through a couple of older topics on the community at the moment and came across your topic. The follower count should be accurate for your account within the next 24 hours. (I've triggered for them to be recalculated for your account from the backend).

Other stats should also display properly. Please see here for more info, when stats are updated on your stats page, etc.: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003568708-Stats-basics

All the best
Mathis

The soundcloud stats are denifitely not correct at all. I have a song, which I uploaded to soundcloud in 2013, which it accurately states as “6 years ago”. When I view stats of all time for this song, it claims that there were about 100 plays in 2011 and 2012. That’s BEFORE the song was even made! LOL how is this possible?