Answered

Account ghosted after getting pro; Blacklisted?

• 15 May 2018
  • 2 replies

Before getting pro I had consistent listeners and somewhat consistent likes. Now that I have puchased pro it seems as if no one has actually heard my new upload. I tried investigating and my account was showing old muisc i had definitely deleted. It is really frustrating considering Pro has literally made things worse. I'd compare it to a blacklist, I used to have a fair amount of algorithmic features too but no more. It's ridiculous. I'm within the one month grace period so unless this can be worked out within a few weeks, I'm leaving.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 May 2018, 17:18

Hi Rlent,

Hmm, I'm not seeing anything in your SoundCloud settings that would cause for this to affect the amount of plays you get. You mentioned you had deleted most of your tracks though - this might be taking away info for our algorithm to create a valuable list of related content, after which tracks your music should play, etc. This is the only parameter I could currently imaging causing the different behavior.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Rlent,

Hmm, I'm not seeing anything in your SoundCloud settings that would cause for this to affect the amount of plays you get. You mentioned you had deleted most of your tracks though - this might be taking away info for our algorithm to create a valuable list of related content, after which tracks your music should play, etc. This is the only parameter I could currently imaging causing the different behavior.

Cheers
Mathis
@Mathis so is there anything I can do about this other than just waiting a long time whilst uploading for algorithms to cath up? Appreciate your help