Question

Blocked from commenting for no reason

Userlevel 1
Just been blocked from commenting on someone I follow's track, an automated response tells me I'm spamming people and writing the same thing repeatedly but this is not something I've ever done, so it's clearly an error on Soundcloud's part. But what's REALLY pissing me off is there's no way to contact Soundcloud directly anymore (apart from leaving a Twitter message which I'm not a member of).
I know others have commented on this but we just get sent around their site to useless empty pages instead of actually receiving help.
Each of these pages asks if it was any help and in every case the majority of users' answers are 'no'. Isn't that a hint SC?
Am cancelling my subscription Soundcloud, let me know if and when you're back online ready to help your customers, you're clearly not interested in my money anymore.

24 replies

Userlevel 2
+1. Pro user for six years jumping ship. Got blocked this morning making, IMO, perfectly reasonable comments. Click a user, listen to the song, make a comment. What’s wrong with that? That and the new ads. Jumped the shark. Time for a new platform. Soundcloud doesn’t deserve it’s amazing community.
Userlevel 1
Yeah I had my page stopped with an advert a couple of times recently but I'm also a Pro user so I thought it was another error.
Looks like they're attempting to have their cake and eat it by advertising to us AND taking our money at the same time.
Not gonna happen SC, GFY
Yeah, same here minutes ago. Decided to thank someone for the nice comment and commenting blocked. I'm pro user as well.
Userlevel 1
I totally agree with you.
Thanks for posting this issue.
Userlevel 2
Ditto here as well,Adam.No previous warning,just a message informing me I'm blocked from commenting for three days. I don't ever spam accounts and I always listen to tracks.

Using soundcloud Go.
Userlevel 2
There is a post at the bottom of the page which is on the same topic and 13 days old and no reply from any moderator. It wouldn't give you much hope for any of us.

Hey, I am facing a seriously annoying problem. A couple of months ago i got banned a couple of times from commenting due to copy and pasting on too many songs. I have recently quit copying and pasting to promote and instead i have been writing my own comments and switching it up everytime i comment. For some reason I got banned from commenting about two weeks ago. It didnt even tell me how long i was getting banned or why! After about 14 whole days it finally let me comment again. When i got these privileges back, I commented on about 3 songs and then I got blocked again! It again didnt tell me why i was getting blocked or how long it was going to last it just deosnt let me comment. This is VERY annoying to me considering I put in a lot of time to my music and I mainly promote it by using soundcloud comment sections. Please undo this ban: or help me fix it! Thank you
Userlevel 1
That's no good... 2 weeks for recovering and only 3 comments get blocked again.
But it shows Soundcloud no intend to fix this.
Probably commenting is not their priority to handle.
However,
I still believe that soundcloud should correct their manner to block people's comments.
Without warning and blocking comments are wrong.
Blocking comments without no reason is wrong.
Ignoring customer is wrong.
They must explain to me If i was wrong.
Userlevel 1
Lol I just got an automated email from Soundcloud asking me if I'm satisfied with the customer service I received!
I'm still blocked, also it was said only for a day and 24hours are more than over now... the worst thing is, that I heard that other people who were unblocked, were blocked again in few hours... now I'm afraid just to say "Thank you" on a comment when I´m unblocked to get blocked again... I mean, yeah I use often the words "Thank you Max Muster" when someone comments on my track... cause... I'am Thankful!!! That's what I feel and has nothing to do with spamming... when a "Thank you" is a reason for blocking... and I guess no one feels harassed by these two little meanful words, or spammed or facing a bot.... then there is something really going wrong here!
Thank you.

P.S.: Do I have to be afraid now saying this to people commenting on my tracks?
Userlevel 1
Yep, I've been banned again and just had my ban extended to five days because I dared to try and leave another comment
That`s really bad, Spiralizer! Makes one afraid just trying to communicate with people... cause you will never know when the ban will hit you again and how hard...
This community is based on listening and communication. Cutting those communication (yeah, there may be bots outside... but also humans!) so fierce cuts one big basement of this.
Userlevel 1
Hey, Kevin, I see you are here as well.. was going to reply to your comment and now I can't.. going to switch off my subscription
Userlevel 1
You are Joking!! Unbelievable.
Soundcloud might be taken by Virus?
Lol I just got an automated email from Soundcloud asking me if I'm satisfied with the customer service I received!

This shouldn't be happened. Disgraceful.
I'm still blocked, also it was said only for a day and 24hours are more than over now... the worst thing is, that I heard that other people who were unblocked, were blocked again in few hours... now I'm afraid just to say "Thank you" on a comment when I´m unblocked to get blocked again... I mean, yeah I use often the words "Thank you Max Muster" when someone comments on my track... cause... I'am Thankful!!! That's what I feel and has nothing to do with spamming... when a "Thank you" is a reason for blocking... and I guess no one feels harassed by these two little meanful words, or spammed or facing a bot.... then there is something really going wrong here!
Thank you.

P.S.: Do I have to be afraid now saying this to people commenting on my tracks?
Userlevel 1
Here's another email address if you want to try it:
helpcommunity@soundcloud.com
Good luck seeing if anyone theregives a shit!
😖
Hey brother, I just got blocked from leaving comments as well. Looks like it's time to go from a paid subscription to a free one. Soundcloud seems to have a death wish. Foolish, foolish business practices.
Userlevel 1
Hi Belial,
Sorry to hear you've joined the ghostly ranks of the commentless!
Unfortunately for me out of misguided loyalty I paid for a year sub which doesn't run out til July, otherwise I'd dump them this month.
A bunch of us are now on hearthis.as , it doesn't look as pretty but it's free, you can import your Soundcloud tracks and there are options to sell your tracks from the site as well. Will be interesting to see what develops from that - hopefully it will blot out my disappointment with SC!
Yeah, man. I've been on Hearthis for a while and have most of my tracks up there. Looks like I'll be on that site much more now. I just do a month to month on SC. Going to let the subscription go right before it's time to renew. I think in a week or so.
Userlevel 1
Cool, I'd not heard of it until a couple of days ago, which was when I needed it lol!
I've hit you up on Hearthis, see you there:D
Hi!
Currently i´m blocked for commentaries for seven days (!) again 😞 !!! I have never copied Commetaries and listen to every song. This is a big piece of impudence !!! I have only written a few commentaries to say thank you and some words about the songs. It can't go on like that !!!
Userlevel 1
We're all the same Matinioh, all my comments over the last eight years are tailored to the subject I was writing about. Their auto bot algorithms have gone crazy on us and there's just no one there anymore to stop it.
Head on over to Hearthis.at and open an account there, there's been a mass exodus to that site over the last two days. It has a feature that finds users who were on Soundcloud so it's easy to hook up with people you already know.
Soundcloud is dead, very sad but it killed itself right in front of us.
Hi! Many Thanks For Your Answer & The Hearthis.at Suggestion. It's already done. I have uploaded my whole songs.
Userlevel 1
Cool, I'll see if I can find you there!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for writing on the community and reporting this. Unfortunately, the trust & safety systems constantly require readjustment due to the large amount of spam & fake activity we're seeing on SoundCloud, and it looks like a recent change caused for a number of users to get a block in error. We've reached out to our trust & safety team about this and they've investigated the issue. You should be all set again now.

Thank you for hanging in there & all the best
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi Mathis,
Many thanks for eventually responding to this problem, what a shame we can't contact you directly to tell you when issues like this arise. I was unable to use the service for four days because there's no direct tech support for paying Pro users, there's just the 'Help Community' (us), and how are we going to be able to fix an error on your site?

A simple email address to report bugs is not too much to ask for.

Talking of Pro users, have you also fixed the 'mistake' where Pro users are forced to watch an advert before they can access their paid for page?