Question

Can't Listen Offline with Soundcloud Go

• 21 May 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello there. I have Soundcloud Go, and I used to be able to listen to music offline through the app. All of a sudden the offline listening was disabled, yet I'm still subscribed to Soundcloud Go. What should I do? I appreciate the help.

4 replies

So I need to know if the only way to listen to music offline is to load my music to an external SD card?... That would suck and I'm glad I'm still in my 30 day trial. If so I'm canceling and uninstalling this AP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

It is possible to store offline content either on the internal storage of your device, or on an external SD card for Android users. If you're experiencing difficulties with offline listening, please see here for further steps: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565648-Trouble-with-offline-listening
Hi there,

It is possible to store offline content either on the internal storage of your device, or on an external SD card for Android users. If you're experiencing difficulties with offline listening, please see here for further steps: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565648-Trouble-with-offline-listening

Hi Mathis,
That page has general information, but doesn't address this issue of songs "undownloaded" recently. I'm a Go customer. My list of songs undownloaded a few weeks ago and I've been waiting for them to download again... then sometime last night, ALL SONGS became undownloaded again. Now the app (iOS) only shows a few songs downloaded. This is the 4th community post I've seen on this issue, so you have at least 4 or more users reporting this issue. Please advice. Thank you.
Two take-aways from these posts on offline listening/troubleshooting:

1. SoundCloud's OFFLINE LISTENING is UNRELIABLE.
2. SoundCloud does NOT have any customer support worth mentioning - not even for GO+ Subscribers like me.

It has this "Help Community," which is about as reliable as WikiPedia, where anyone can tell the world that the Moon is made of green cheese, and a bot named Mathis can provide a link to an irrelevant SoundCloud article.