Question

Disappointing. Remixes that were up for years are now being deleted. Mandatory ads on pro accounts...

• 3 August 2015
  • 7 replies

I used to love soundcloud and recommend it to everyone, but ever since it's sold out it's only gone downhill. It's so bad with all the ads and promotions that I am probably not going to renew my pro account. It's not even worth it, at the very least if I am indeed paying for a subscription I should not get all these ads and promoted tracks that I don't ever want to hear. I really wish they had stuck with the original vision, it was much better. But I guess money is all that matters...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Shane,

Subscription to eliminate ads is coming later in the year.

-Gina
I don't see why I should need a separate subscription to eliminate ads - if I pay for my account I don't want ads - I don't imagine I'm alone
Userlevel 2
soundcloud got greedy , ads, and there lack of a freakin fb embedded player lol soundcloud is dieing or dead , everyone moved to youtube or hearthis
I don't pay: The ads are now after every 2 songs.
They used to be after every 9 or 10 songs, a year ago.
I don't smoke but the government thinks so, really really badly. i need a new site
Why roll out ads without the option of being able to pay for them to go away? Really poor choice and I think everyone is getting sick of it.
Yeah, you should do like pandora where you give people an option to pay for NO ADS. When do you plan on doing that? I want that or I want out.
Yeah, you should do like pandora where you give people an option to pay for NO ADS. When do you plan on doing that? I want that or I want out.