Question

Disappointing. Remixes that were up for years are now being deleted. Mandatory ads on pro accounts...

• 3 August 2015
  • 7 replies

I used to love soundcloud and recommend it to everyone, but ever since it's sold out it's only gone downhill. It's so bad with all the ads and promotions that I am probably not going to renew my pro account. It's not even worth it, at the very least if I am indeed paying for a subscription I should not get all these ads and promoted tracks that I don't ever want to hear. I really wish they had stuck with the original vision, it was much better. But I guess money is all that matters...

7 replies

Yeah, you should do like pandora where you give people an option to pay for NO ADS. When do you plan on doing that? I want that or I want out.
Yeah, you should do like pandora where you give people an option to pay for NO ADS. When do you plan on doing that? I want that or I want out.
Why roll out ads without the option of being able to pay for them to go away? Really poor choice and I think everyone is getting sick of it.
I don't pay: The ads are now after every 2 songs.
They used to be after every 9 or 10 songs, a year ago.
I don't smoke but the government thinks so, really really badly. i need a new site
Userlevel 2
soundcloud got greedy , ads, and there lack of a freakin fb embedded player lol soundcloud is dieing or dead , everyone moved to youtube or hearthis
I don't see why I should need a separate subscription to eliminate ads - if I pay for my account I don't want ads - I don't imagine I'm alone
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Shane,

Subscription to eliminate ads is coming later in the year.

-Gina