Solved

Does Soundcloud have any plans to give a student discount for go?

Userlevel 1
theres many sites like Spotify and apple that give student discounts, does soundcloud have plans to do this for go in the future? The price is the only thing holding me back,
icon

Best answer by Navid 5 March 2019, 17:23

Hey there,

As of today, we have launched a new discount for qualifying students. To find out how to enjoy 50% off of our Go+ subscription please check out this page.

Cheers,
Navid
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Justin,

We're currently not planning for a student discount to be put into place immediately, but I'll make sure to pass on your query to the relevant product team.

All the best
Mathis
Userlevel 1
I was just about to post the same thing, most other services like TIDAL and Spotify are on par with the $10/month plan but offer student rates at $4.99/month
Userlevel 1
I agree that it needs to be $4.99/month for students. This is usually accomplished through services such as UNIDAYS who confirms my school through a separate account. It is annoying but worth it.
Just throwing my views in here, I'd definitely consider Soundcloud Go if there were a student discount bringing it down to £4.99/$4.99 a month. As it stands though, both Spotify and Apple Music offer student discounts at precisely that price, so as a value proposition Soundcloud isn't a great option for me right now because it's literally double the price.
Im paying $15/mo for soundcloud pro unlimited. My soundcloud go is $1.99 as one of the benefits, but this is still too expensive for me. I want to downgrade, but then my soundcloud go subscription will go from $1.99 to $10 dollars monthly! what?!? If I downgrade to soundcloud pro, I will be paying the same price as my unlimited subscription.... Not happy...
I would consider Soundcloud GO+ if it had a student discount bringing it to $4.99. Otherwise it is not a viable solution if I can get Spotify Premium for half what you are currently charging.
soundclouds awesome, is love to keep using it but I agree 12.99 is a lot when I’m getting it for 5$ from Apple and was getting it for 5$ from Spotify before I switched to Apple Music. Strong possibility I’d switch over if they offered student or veteran discounts.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there,

As of today, we have launched a new discount for qualifying students. To find out how to enjoy 50% off of our Go+ subscription please check out this page.

Cheers,
Navid