Question

Have "[artist] just uploaded [track]" notification emails been discontinued?

Show first post

30 replies

aaaaaaaaaand in all these years, they still haven't fixed the simple bug where when i click to see what my new private message is, it asks me to RETRY. almost every single time.
PR Campaign to restore this "essential Service" to SC?

Facebook Page to get followers and feedback to back to SC?

Ideas?
i went through this years ago with myspace, for years, well before they started losing most of their userbase but it was obvious they weren't even indexing new artists, so their once decent filters now were becoming pointless. and my lesson was that once a company expands then all you can do is wait for the next thing to come along. i was shocked they even tried to notify us about new tracks, and then the world made sense again when they found it too hard and gave up, probably it was one or two people inside the company that finally got them to make a slight effort. and then got cut off. i think in another year they'll be fast losing their users and in another they'll be a punchline.
Userlevel 1
i went through this years ago with myspace, for years, well before they started losing most of their userbase but it was obvious they weren't even indexing new artists, so their once decent filters now were becoming pointless. and my lesson was that once a company expands then all you can do is wait for the next thing to come along. i was shocked they even tried to notify us about new tracks, and then the world made sense again when they found it too hard and gave up, probably it was one or two people inside the company that finally got them to make a slight effort. and then got cut off. i think in another year they'll be fast losing their users and in another they'll be a punchline.
I think I'm coming to an end with Soundcloud. I've been clinging on for months. 2 years of Pro subscription, 102000 listens, 1700 followers, but I can't enjoy the buzz anymore of keeping up with new posts. I feel as if they are not respecting me as a customer. I owe it to myself to stop paying..sad time and I will miss lots of great people who put SC where it is today. Clinging on and I'd love them to sort this.
Is this a joke SC? You are not able to at least give an estimate on when this will work again after it has not been working at all (still didn _t get a SINGLE email) for WEEKS?
I think they've gone into suspended animation, like the spaceship full of people in The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. They are woken up for 5 minutes every year for coffee and biscuits.

I am cruel, but also very upset, along with most of SC.