Answered

'Hidden Tracks' after Downgrade from Pro-Plan

• 21 February 2017
  • 9 replies

Hello there,
i really do hope not to make an idiot out of myself by asking this.
So a while ago, my subscription downgradet to free-user, causing my channel to cross the upload-limit.
Not having been in this situation before, i didn't realise that any control over a 'hidden track' will be lost to me, to the point i either buy a new plan, or delete tracks until under the permitted upload limit. I say this because, downloading and deleting other tracks to make space - then downloading and deleting more, until under the upload-limit, is my only chance of getting these tracks back. (due to losing my harddrive last year)
So my question is, could you make it possible for me to download my 'hidden tracks', under any circumstance? That'd be absolutely greatness!
So, my apologies for this rather 'stupid' topic - and many thanks in advance for your response. Next time downgrading, i'll be more cautious!

Best regards
icon

Best answer by Mathis 21 February 2017, 14:22

Hi there Stalaggh,

SoundCloud moderator lurking right here 😉 Sorry to hear about your hard drive crash. I was able to set up a one time exception here - you have 5 days before your tracks will become hidden again. Download away.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

oh well .. this is fairly the wrong place for such a request, isnt it? There wont be any soundcloud personnel lurking around, right?
Is there any chance to encounter someone here, able to help?
And is there a contact form anywhere findable, to contact SC more direct?
At least they have a phone number for berlin ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Stalaggh,

SoundCloud moderator lurking right here 😉 Sorry to hear about your hard drive crash. I was able to set up a one time exception here - you have 5 days before your tracks will become hidden again. Download away.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis,
hell yes! Many thanks for making this exception possible, i'll be downloading right away!

Best regards from Berlin 😃
Hi there Stalaggh

Hey there again,
as this thread is still open, i want to use it for one tiny question 🙂
As you saved some of my dearest tracks, i made sure to delete as much as of now there are exactly 180minutes left - so that after these five days and back to free-uploadlimit - i should not have any issue with hidden tracks, right?
Just wanted to check on that again, so no more complications arise.

Best regards &
thanks again
Hi guys!
I just paid for the Pro unlimited plan which I had before. I didn't renew in the past because of the whole story of copyrights when uploading mixes.
Now this is fixed and that I paid I can't retrieve all my mixes (with plays, comments and stats). Is it normal?
Anybody able to tell me if I deleted them in the past?
Thanks
I want to downgrade from Pro to free temporarily. Can I hide some tracks to come under 180 min. instead of deleting the tracks and all the data on them, so I can unhide them in the future? IF so, how? I only see a "delete" icon.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Stalaggh

Hey there again,
as this thread is still open, i want to use it for one tiny question 🙂
As you saved some of my dearest tracks, i made sure to delete as much as of now there are exactly 180minutes left - so that after these five days and back to free-uploadlimit - i should not have any issue with hidden tracks, right?
Just wanted to check on that again, so no more complications arise.

Best regards &
thanks again

Hey hey,

Sorry about the late reply - YES! You're all set. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi guys!
I just paid for the Pro unlimited plan which I had before. I didn't renew in the past because of the whole story of copyrights when uploading mixes.
Now this is fixed and that I paid I can't retrieve all my mixes (with plays, comments and stats). Is it normal?
Anybody able to tell me if I deleted them in the past?
Thanks

Hi @Ben - I don't see any hidden tracks on your account that were not reinstated (that does sometimes happen, in which case we can help with this), and I do see a number of tracks that you seem to have deleted in the past. Unfortunately, I won't be able to restore those tracks for you though.

Hope this helps in terms of clarity :-)

Cheers
Mathis