Question

Horrible, terrible, FRUSTRATING user experience

• 12 June 2017
  • 3 replies

I am probably not the only one that has horrible user experience on the soundcloud!
And the worse is that there is no possibility of contcting the company!
Only to post on some forum and pray for it to be heard???
I am only posting it to the subscriptions wall becaus probably it would be the only way for somebody from the company to look at the post and actiually read it. As my previous attempts were ignored!

Really, Soundcloud???
This is the service you are trying to monetise???
Well, your product is TERRIBLE!

1. Your management of the download gates is OUT OF CONTROL!
You let them spam your users, and then you punish the same users by blocking their FOLLOW FUNCTION just for trying to unfollow all the rubbish that is put onto their feed after downloading something with a gate. And if you download something again, the same accounts are automatically added and soundcloud treats me as a SPAMMER???
WAKE UP, SOUNDCLOUD and go after REAL SPAMMERS! THIS ALGORYTHM OF YOURS is NOT WORKING the way you intended and NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!

2. After using download gate I had things reposted to my wall by the gate. It is impossible then to unpost them! What is the problem there? Another some sort of limit on reposting unreposting or some sort of bug?

3. My feed is not showing me the latest post from people I follow. It prioritises certain users and shows their posts from years ago!!!
Well, what´s the point of your service then??? I am comming to you to see latest music from people I follow.
The way you present your feed right now is useless to me and to most of your users!

And PLEASE! If you want to ask money for your service, get it together and get a PROPER SUPPORT!
Like real PROFESSIONALS do!
It is shocking that I have been having these issues for months and there is nobody I can speak to about it!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Tribal POP,

First things first: Here's how to get in touch with our support, or with the community, depending on the nature of your query.

Now, any chance you could clarify what you mean by download gate? Are you referring to a service like this? https://www.followgate.com/ If so, then this is not a SoundCloud product but something that was built by a third party. If you believe it might be breaching our Terms of Use, please report to our Trust & Safety team.

In order to disconnect from a service like this, please go to your connection settings and revoke access.

If the reposted tracks are still on your profile after this, please go to your profile, click the repost button again in order to un-repost.

Also, if this was still broken, your Stream should show the new posts and reposts of the users you're following again now.

Cheers
Mathis
Soundcloud, i am very dissapointed. Please help.
Your Services in the past were amazing, but now it seems nothing works.
I used you're services with a free account in the past and became a supporter for the ease of use and largely for its compatibility with other platforms. This was only a few years ago.
Now as i am rebuilding and branding my business, i had no second thoughts about using soundcloud as my hosting platform for my media, so did not hesitate to suscribe for your most expensive package.
Realizing now that the compatibility with other social platforms is now deteriating,
I am trying to reach support to discuss what other options i may have and just some actual human support.
Last few days have been increasingly discouraging, trying to get support.
Started with writing to SCsupport on twitter, explaining my problem (as thoroughly as i could given the limited size of post). I received a reply 2 days later asking how can they help? Was i supposed to re-write what i had already written? I went on to try and explain my situation more thoroughly, in 2 posts this time. And have not yet received a reply...
Ok, next...
Look for customer support number to call..

Horrible experience trying to call here. Was hung up on a dozen times before finally another agent answered, and was already on the defensive side. He claimed to in no way be part of, nor representation for soundcloud, or soundcloud support... so again, this is a problem i guess i would expect soundcloud as a business to be aware of and maybe rectify? As a paying costumer i would at least hope so.
That brings me to here. Where again i was searching for a way to reach someone. Hopefully this works. Please Soundcloud. Redeem yourselves :(

Problem:
When i had previously used souncloud, i could post the link of one of my songs, or even playlist to other social platforms, and it would conviniently embed itself so users of that platform (i.e: facebook) could click and play the song from there, as opposed to redirecting them to soundcloud for the listen.
This is where the REAL issues BEGIN for me 😞 .
In my line of work i create music for clients (artists) and shop my beats/tunes to them. Needless to say when i give a client a direct link to my work, i NEED that link to send them there. Regardless if the are on mobile or computer!?
I would say a good 70% of my clients have reported links not working properly, and its now having a crippling impact on my business and traffic. Its just completely unproffessional.
What happens is this:
I pass along the link (the one generated on soundcloud when selecting share icon and copying link)on another platform( i.e: Text/FbMessenger/email). My client will then click on the link. The link will take them to apple/play store and ask to open with soundcloud app. EVEN when soundcloud IS installed on their device, and they click the open icon, it then brings them to SoundCloud homepage... ouch. So basically i am paying AND working my buns off to direct traffic to youre homepage? 70% of the time? Please SC why? 😞

The other issue is not having the messages availabilty on app. I would happily try to grow my business within the soundcloud community as well as externally, but it makes it difficult without being able to interact with potential customers. Ive found a way around it by using the web on my phone, and carefully reaching a soundcloud page that DIDNT automatically redirect me to app store, so that finally i could request the desktop site. Then i can access my messages. But if im expected to explain this process of jumping through hoops and bending backwards to my clients just to converse with them on youre platform, im afraid i will also be losing credibility alongside of you.

Again SoundCloud. Im not irrational. Im a paying customer. Its not personal. If youre services do not fit my needs, please just let me know and i will have to explore other options to take my business elsewhere.
If its something that can be worked out, then great! I will not discontinue my subscription.

Eagerly awaiting some sort of support.

-Trulee
Soundcloud, i am very dissapointed. Please help.
Your Services in the past were amazing, but now it seems nothing works.
I used you're services with a free account in the past and became a supporter for the ease of use and largely for its compatibility with other platforms. This was only a few years ago.
Now as i am rebuilding and branding my business, i had no second thoughts about using soundcloud as my hosting platform for my media, so did not hesitate to suscribe for your most expensive package.
Realizing now that the compatibility with other social platforms is now deteriating,
I am trying to reach support to discuss what other options i may have and just some actual human support.
Last few days have been increasingly discouraging, trying to get support.
Started with writing to SCsupport on twitter, explaining my problem (as thoroughly as i could given the limited size of post). I received a reply 2 days later asking how can they help? Was i supposed to re-write what i had already written? I went on to try and explain my situation more thoroughly, in 2 posts this time. And have not yet received a reply...
Ok, next...
Look for customer support number to call..

Horrible experience trying to call here. Was hung up on a dozen times before finally another agent answered, and was already on the defensive side. He claimed to in no way be part of, nor representation for soundcloud, or soundcloud support... so again, this is a problem i guess i would expect soundcloud as a business to be aware of and maybe rectify? As a paying costumer i would at least hope so.
That brings me to here. Where again i was searching for a way to reach someone. Hopefully this works. Please Soundcloud. Redeem yourselves :(

Problem:
When i had previously used souncloud, i could post the link of one of my songs, or even playlist to other social platforms, and it would conviniently embed itself so users of that platform (i.e: facebook) could click and play the song from there, as opposed to redirecting them to soundcloud for the listen.
This is where the REAL issues BEGIN for me 😞 .
In my line of work i create music for clients (artists) and shop my beats/tunes to them. Needless to say when i give a client a direct link to my work, i NEED that link to send them there. Regardless if the are on mobile or computer!?
I would say a good 70% of my clients have reported links not working properly, and its now having a crippling impact on my business and traffic. Its just completely unproffessional.
What happens is this:
I pass along the link (the one generated on soundcloud when selecting share icon and copying link)on another platform( i.e: Text/FbMessenger/email). My client will then click on the link. The link will take them to apple/play store and ask to open with soundcloud app. EVEN when soundcloud IS installed on their device, and they click the open icon, it then brings them to SoundCloud homepage... ouch. So basically i am paying AND working my buns off to direct traffic to youre homepage? 70% of the time? Please SC why? :(

The other issue is not having the messages availabilty on app. I would happily try to grow my business within the soundcloud community as well as externally, but it makes it difficult without being able to interact with potential customers. Ive found a way around it by using the web on my phone, and carefully reaching a soundcloud page that DIDNT automatically redirect me to app store, so that finally i could request the desktop site. Then i can access my messages. But if im expected to explain this process of jumping through hoops and bending backwards to my clients just to converse with them on youre platform, im afraid i will also be losing credibility alongside of you.

Again SoundCloud. Im not irrational. Im a paying customer. Its not personal. If youre services do not fit my needs, please just let me know and i will have to explore other options to take my business elsewhere.
If its something that can be worked out, then great! I will not discontinue my subscription.

Eagerly awaiting some sort of support.

-Trulee

Soundcloud removed my track and banned my monetization when I have 100% of the rights to it, I filed a claim and provided proof and literally reject without and explanation as of why. Now resolving the issue is out of the question because they have the worst customer service I've experienced in my life, as soon as a new platform opens up I'm gone