Solved

how to promote song on soundcloud?

• 25 November 2016
  • 7 replies

i'd like to promote a song on soundcloud,how would that be possible please? any suggestion.
icon

Best answer by Jonathan 25 November 2016, 17:31

Hi Young-cami,

Thanks for asking, I'll try and answer :

On SoundCloud, if people follow you, it's that they've expressed interest in your music and/or content and are more likely to continue interacting with your content in the future. Therefore if you post something new, they will likely see it on their feeds and thus there is no need for users to directly send a track or playlist to various users nor to repost content multiple times. This allows you to focus on what really matters, your content.

For people who would potentially be interested in your content but have not yet discovered it, we've got that covered as well. Not only can they come across your content on various social media and across our numerous web integrations on desktop and mobile platforms, but our Recommendations, Suggested Tracks and Stations also allow people with similar tastes to hear what you've created.

The best way to get attention on SoundCloud is to be active by listening to, liking, sharing, commenting genuinely and often will increase your chances of getting noticed and thus promoting your content.

All in all, we try hard to make it simple, easy and fair for everyone to share their content with those who are most likely to like it, all while preventing abuse and spamming.

Hope this answers your question. :)

All the best,
Jonathan.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
There is no way to promote songs on Soundcloud since they removed "groups". Don't believe any "official" response that tells you otherwise. That's why so many users are leaving droves and going elsewhere to platforms such as HEAR THIS. Search this Soundcloud user forum for "groups" and read all about it.
Userlevel 5
https://hearthis.at
Userlevel 5
This is the main thread about the end of SC groups. SC has buried it by not combining it with more recent threads complaining about the same thing -- https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-on-your-computer-230066/soundcloud-phasing-out-groups-one-the-few-remaining-ways-to-actually-share-my-music-to-new-listeners-7061938
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Young-cami,

Thanks for asking, I'll try and answer :

On SoundCloud, if people follow you, it's that they've expressed interest in your music and/or content and are more likely to continue interacting with your content in the future. Therefore if you post something new, they will likely see it on their feeds and thus there is no need for users to directly send a track or playlist to various users nor to repost content multiple times. This allows you to focus on what really matters, your content.

For people who would potentially be interested in your content but have not yet discovered it, we've got that covered as well. Not only can they come across your content on various social media and across our numerous web integrations on desktop and mobile platforms, but our Recommendations, Suggested Tracks and Stations also allow people with similar tastes to hear what you've created.

The best way to get attention on SoundCloud is to be active by listening to, liking, sharing, commenting genuinely and often will increase your chances of getting noticed and thus promoting your content.

All in all, we try hard to make it simple, easy and fair for everyone to share their content with those who are most likely to like it, all while preventing abuse and spamming.

Hope this answers your question. :)

All the best,
Jonathan.
ah..
i fugure that you are right.. thanks alot,Moonina.
Userlevel 1
Reinstating Groups would be the most useful and welcome action Soundcloud could take, but they're adamant about them being useless. Most of us who have participated in groups know better. Groups allowed people of similar skills and tastes to share tracks with others like themselves. Groups was what made Soundcloud one step above the the rest, a position with which they were apparently uncomfortable - I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, because alternative is that Soundcloud have no regard for their customers for whom Groups filled an important need, personal interaction with other members.