Question

I can't cancel my 1 year Soundcloud Pro Unlimited account

• 25 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Please help: I bought the pro unlimited account for 1 year thinking there was a 1 month money back guarantee.
After subscribing there is no option to cancel the account.
I have followed all the links in the help center and on this forum and they all say the same thing. Go to subscriptions, go to 'edit' then choose 'cancel'. Unfortunately, the cancel option is nowhere to be seen. (see attached image)
I have submitted at least 2 'tickets' directly to the Soundcloud payments team but I have not heard back at all in over 1 week. I have not even had an email acknowledging my ticket submission.
I have used both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, I have tried to 'switch plans' and it just tells me I have the Pro account.
At this point I am beginning to think that Soundcloud are trying to pull a 'fast one' on me. Maybe this is their way of trying to climb out of any debt, or make money. By cheating their clients? i have been a long time user of Soundcloud and I am really surprised by this whole situation.
If anybody can help resolve this I would be very greatful.

Yours Sincerely,

Long term Soundcloud user.

5 replies

This has happened to me too! There is no option to delete this thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with this. I can see that both of you are now back on a free plan, so I can only assume you're both all set. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team.
Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with this. I can see that both of you are now back on a free plan, so I can only assume you're both all set. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team.

I've been on the same situation. I want to check if my plan is anual or monthly basis, but i saw the same screen. How do I proceed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @falafreela,

I've just looked into this for you, and you are currently on a monthly subscription plan that will automatically renew 27 Mar 2019. If you'd rather cancel your subscription, please see here: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003562888-Canceling-or-downgrading-your-Pro-subscription

Once you have opted out, your plan remains active until said date, however won't renew automatically anymore (on your subscription page, it will state that it expires as opposed to renew).

Hope this helps!
same thing happened to me I understand i won’t be charged in the future but i want a refund on my yearly plan and to keep my monthly plan