Question

I can’t downgrade from Soundcloud Pro to free

• 8 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I upgraded a little while ago and was not impressed with SoundCloud Pro. I figured I would downgrade while I still had time to receive a refund, however SoundCloud is not giving me the option to? I have gone to the support page a followed the steps but whenever I click on the page to switch plans it only gives me the option to upgrade my account to Pro Ultimate. How can I cancel my Pro Plan, any and all insight would be very much appreciated!

2 replies

Great question, I would like to know that too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I hope Lu got assistance from our subscriptions team in the meantime. @mcguirp I've checked your account preferences on SoundCloud's end and you have opted out of your subscription, which means you will no longer be charged, and your account will revert to a free account in 6 days. On your subscription page it will say "subscription expires in x days" instead of "will be renewed".

After that, you can choose to upgrade again at any given point in order to get back the features a Pro / Pro Unlimited account offers. A refund is not applicable in your case - sorry.

All the best to you
Mathis