Question

I have a pro plan but it's asking me to get one

My pro plan renews this November, but when I upload a podcast, it's asking me to buy a pro plan. What's the problem? What's the fix? See the screenshot please.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
My account Phil McWalter has lost all it's Pro Unlimited features. Trying to replace a file and it's telling me to upgrade?!? What is going on SC??

www.soundcloud.com/phil-mcwalter
Userlevel 1
Why can't I just email for support, this system is a customer unfriendly mess...
I have the same problem in 2 account
Userlevel 1
And no response at all SC!?!? Come on, this is worse than pathetic... we have paid for this service on top of supplying the creative product (what service?!?)
I just noticed the same issue with our account. It is still allowing me to listen to old tracks but it is not showing full stats. We just auto renewed in April. I just uploaded a sermon on Wednesday.

I tried the twitter soundcloud support but they just directed me to fill out a ticket, I checked the ticket and it was as if we didn't pay or wanted to cancel.
Well, still the same issue for us as well. We´ve contacted SC on every possible level without a single reply too, so this is intriguing.

https://soundcloud.com/klbrated
My account Phil McWalter has lost all it's Pro Unlimited features. Trying to replace a file and it's telling me to upgrade?!? What is going on SC??

www.soundcloud.com/phil-mcwalter
same here.
Same here! Payed for my YEARLY plan in October 2017 and now SC doesn't let me replace the file and sends me to "upgrade".
Whats up Soundcloud? I'm covered until oct 2018, get yourself together...
Also experiencing the same issue, awaiting reply.
Userlevel 1
I believe this is only happening on your own account while you're logged in. Your accounts are still Pro.

The temporary fix I found was to go to your own profile page and refresh the page (press F5). You can then access your pro features at least temporarily.

This has been an ongoing issue and I hope it gets fixed soon!
I believe this is only happening on your own account while you're logged in. Your accounts are still Pro.

The temporary fix I found was to go to your own profile page and refresh the page (press F5). You can then access your pro features at least temporarily.

Doesn't work for me at all. I can refresh the page as many times as I want. I still can't edit a track with a new version. The upload function is not there.
Having the same trouble. Can't access all features of the Unlimited plan. Refresh does not work.
Same here. Been in the same boat as everyone else since Friday night. I desperately need my Pro function back by tonight in order to upload files for my business.

It'd be nice if SoundCloud would at least acknowledge that hundreds (if not thousands) of Pro Unlimited subscribers are having this same issue. Then if they'd let us know they were working on it that'd even be better.
Userlevel 1
Come on SC, let's have a response... Refresh doesn't cure anything, this is your system fault to sort URGENTLY!!!!
Userlevel 1
Doesn't work for me at all. I can refresh the page as many times as I want. I still can't edit a track with a new version. The upload function is not there.

That's true, most of the important features will still not work, like replacing files, checking stats, and probably uploading (I haven't tried).
However, this bug shouldn't affect your listeners' ability to download tracks and see your spotlight. Also by refreshing you will be able to edit your spotlight.

I can't believe SoundCloud hasn't made a public statement about this...
Pro plan auto renewed but pro features ie statas breakdown ,are not available to me. Have emailed support but no reply. This seems to be a common problem, please fix this soundcloud.
Thanks Zanzlanz, the F5 refresh on profile page did work for that session.
Same issues as everyone above. Continuing to comment on threads to keep them relevant. I'm relieved yet upset that I'm not the only one having the issue... This needs to be fixed soon.
Same here this is the second time this has happened to me . I actually paid it last time then realised it was only 6 months in . It’s a great scam by them.
Userlevel 1
Same problem for me. I just uploaded a new track but not entirely happy with it so I wanted to replace the file without losing all my stats but I can't because it thinks I don't have Pro.

There are really two problems here:

(1) Quality control at SC is absolutely abysmal. I'm a software engineer and if this happened at my company we'd be bankrupt instead of an 8 billion / year company.
(2) Almost more egregious than point #1 is the fact that their customer service is literally laughable. The fact that they have not made any statement about this even is just shocking. What a horrifically implemented product and a horrifically run company.
Same issue for me and it's hindering a project that is time sensitive.
Same problem here. Refresh does not properly address the problem in the slightest.
Same Thing Happening with me. Renewed my account payment April 20th 2018 and my features are lost. Soundcloud proceeds to ask me to "Try PRo" Even though I have already payed for the entire year. I Need answers ASAP. Unbelievable.
It´s not THREE days into this issue and there is no statement on behalf of SC, even just to say "we´re working on it". Fabolous.