Answered

I have a question about this "high volume of liking" message I just received.

• 21 April 2016
  • 1 reply

I have been a huge fan of SoundCloud for 3 to 4 years, and use it every single day. It is my go to and have always praised it as being better than Spotify or Pandora for the type of music I listen to. So when you guys offered the paid service I immediately had to try it out! Since the change to the subscription there have been bugs (like the shuffle button causing SoundCloud to freeze on the Android app making it impossible to shuffle) but I was ready to deal with this until I received the message below after liking a song:

I need clarification on this because my initial gut understanding of the above statement is this: "Thanks for paying for our service, now, stop using it so much." I would like an explanation on how my account is being seen as "bombarding" or "losing the human touch". Yesterday I liked 15 songs, which is more than usual for me, but I don't consider it absurd. What I do consider absurd is SoundCloud telling a paying customer to stop liking songs or it will BLOCK their ability to like songs, making its service absolutely useless. It's an unmerited threat. It would be like Netflix telling their customers if they binge watch a show one day they may block the show in the future because their "account is performing many more actions compared to most others". I hope you understand my frustration when a service I pay for tells me "I need to slow down". So with that said, is there a limit to the amount of songs I can like a day? I do not want to be blocked.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 22 April 2016, 12:55

Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. I've looked into your account details from our end and would like to try and explain this a bit further. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for liking too many tracks, but instead for re-liking the same tracks too often. We have implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account likes, unlikes and then re-likes the same track(s) or playlist(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from liking for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best regards,
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. I've looked into your account details from our end and would like to try and explain this a bit further. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for liking too many tracks, but instead for re-liking the same tracks too often. We have implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account likes, unlikes and then re-likes the same track(s) or playlist(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from liking for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best regards,
Mathis