Question

I was billed a day earlier than expected, and wanted to cancel my free trial to get my money refunded.

• 9 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I was using the Soundcloud Pro free trial subscription with the understanding that I could cancel my Pro subscription within that first month and get my money back. I was first billed on the 10th of July, so I was expecting to be charged on the 10th of August. Instead, I was charged earlier on the 9th of August. So now not only have I lost the ability to refund my free trial payment of $16, I have now also been charged another $16 for the month of August.
I am not expecting a full refund of $32, but I would definitely like this month's fee refunded. I have already cancelled my Pro account and don't wish to use any Pro features for this billing period. Is there anyone I can get in contact with? It is surprisingly hard to contact any direct Soundcloud customer service. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please see here to learn more about our payment cycles: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449527-When-payment-charges-are-made

I've coordinated with our subscriptions team and a refund is on the way to you as a one time exception. Allow up to 5 days for your bank to process this entirely.

For you, and for anyone else who might have further questions about your account subscription: please get in touch with the team directly here, as many of your queries will require them to look up the details, exchange personal data, etc., which we do not do on the Community due to its public nature.

All the best to you
Mathis