Question

"Keep it up, you don’t qualify for SoundCloud Premier monetization yet" - I have half a million plays on my soundcloud. What gives?

• 22 October 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
580,657 plays in total

I make a bit of money off of spotify every month and yet I've spent so much on Soundcloud over the years and been given nothing in return. I presume I need a certain amount of monthly plays to begin slaving to make back the money I've spent on this site (only to give what, 50 percent back to SC?).

My question, frustrations aside, is when will I qualify exactly? I only got pro to access my long overdue monetization.

14 replies

Userlevel 3
bump.
Userlevel 3
bump

When I click on "sign in to continue" to check out this new option, I also learn: "You don’t qualify for SoundCloud Premier monetization yet". There is no explanation – I went through the checklist, and it seems that theoretically my account meets all the conditions (pro membership, original content etc.). It would be helpful to find out more about it.

Userlevel 3
bump
Not sure why this issue hasn't been resolved yet. I'm also having the same problem. Theres ni explanation, no help, I go to the forums here to find the answer and its like everyone else has the same problem. What gives Soundcloud? Why are you deceiving your customers?
Userlevel 3
Not sure why this issue hasn't been resolved yet. I'm also having the same problem. Theres ni explanation, no help, I go to the forums here to find the answer and its like everyone else has the same problem. What gives Soundcloud? Why are you deceiving your customers?
hey man they gave me a response by email and it was pretty damn annoying... they said that there are hidden terms that they cannot tell me about and that they are stricter. It just means they have people like us wasting money on pro and we are expected to just be ignored.
I am wondering the same thing, we are called "Nothing Special" and we have hundreds of thousands of organic plays and it is so frustrating that we do not qualify when we should totally meet all necessary requirements. ESPECIALLY considering we have songs with really big named artists like Caskey...
SAME! wtf is going on Soundcloud?
yeah i heard you need 5000 use views and so on i have 20,000 ...10,000 use alone within a month and 2000 followers and likes sooo if your not in there club they only give you 50% thats not good oct 10 2018 trump just signed a document or law that says they have to pay for plays
The lack of details and customer service is frustrating...
You have to have 1000 monthly plays on monetizable tracks. So your total plays of all time don't count, only the total plays of each month makes you eligible or non-eligible for monetizing.

And even then its hit or miss whether they monetize them or not because through methods they "cannot disclose", they can apparently tell if your plays are organic or not. Read a post on here a couple days ago about someone who was denied monetization becaus his plays were not organic even though he had built his soundcloud up from scratch and never payed for any plays or adds to boost plays. All sounds like a classic corporate company thinking nothing but number one...
If people are so popular, I think they probably do not need SoundCloud. It is some kind of gimmick for SoundCloud to promote their Pro Plan.
Same here. I would at least like a rough estimation as to why I'm ineligible for a 'feature' to the service that I pay for on the PRO account. I would also like to be given some way to at least submit an appeal for my account to be able to get the feature added.

In the meantime unfortunately I'm going to be paying money to a competitor to be able to distribute my music. Really love SoundCloud as a tool for musicians and I even don't mind paying to support such a great online music resource but this needs to be addressed.

I wrote here on another thread prior to coming to the conclusion myself and never even received a response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I came across this topic and noticed there has been some to and fro over this subject matter.

@hmmmmm from what I can see, you do actually qualify for the Premier program.

To make sure everyone who comes across this topic knows about the requirements for the premier program: They are outlined on the Creator Guide, in the "Monetizing tracks" section.

If https://soundcloud.com/you/premier states to "keep it up" rather then offers your to join and sign up for the Premier Program and believes this has happened in error, please reach out directly for this to be looked into in further detail.

I understand the "eligible plays" requirement is leading to some confusion in particular. Rest assured the measures we run to evaluate whether a play count is eligible and counts towards the premier partner eligibility is closely observed, refined and checked for errors.

Thank you and all the best.