MojoHeadz Records is just bullshit

• 12 September 2019
  • 2 replies

MojoHeadz Records contacted me for a track...that I did with my micromodular, yamaha reface YC and Ableton...
called "Pittsburgh" which is on beatport
http://classic.beatport.com/release/pittsburgh/2572940
I don't know why, I collaborated with them
they did a "pseudo" remix in 5min with a plug-in and a software...I don't believe they did the remix with the 10000 euros hardware they show...
so I gave 50 euros for "nothing" and I'm sure I will never see my money back...
Unless, they did a lot of "remix" these last months...so, maybe, there are some DJ's, but it is not professional at all...
if someone can help ?
i don't know what to do...

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
First thing is there is no "they" with Mojoheadz. It is just one person, Alex Khomotovsky, in Moscow, although he pretends the label is a team of people in Los Angeles.

He finds tracks on SoundCloud, usually posted by people with not many followers and no official releases yet, and uses fake accounts to message them that Mojoheadz is interested in releasing a track of theirs. If someone responds he asks for 50 euros for mastering and promotion. This is not something professional labels do. He also asks for midi and audio stems of the track which he then uses to make his own remix of the track. He does not ask the artist for approval of the remix. He just goes ahead and releases it. This is not something professional labels do.

He releases four or five tracks like this every week, so he has got €200 to €250 from each week's bunch of artists. Because most of them are not happy with what he did to their music it is very clear on SoundCloud that they are not following any of Alex's various Mojoheadz profiles and he ususally isn't following theirs either.

He does nothing in the way of promoting this music apart from buying fake plays for the tracks on SoundCloud, and if the artist has sent him photos they go on Instagram.

It was established earlier in the year that the studio equipment list on the Mojoheadz website is actually copy and pasted from one of the major US recording studio websites. I'm guessing the few pictures of Alex in a professional studio were taken at the same time, as he is wearing the same clothes in all of them, and he probably does his remixes in his Moscow apartment.

Basically, it would be a bit more honest if the tracks were released being labelled as remixes. It doesn't help the original artists if the music that is being released does not actually represent what they do.
Userlevel 4
>>>...............................
He does nothing in the way of promoting this music apart from buying fake plays for the tracks on SoundCloud, and if the artist has sent him photos they go on Instagram.

I doubt he even pays for the fake plays. He probably does them himself.