Question

Opt Back Into Subscription After Opting Out?

• 18 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I was previously paying £31.50 on a yearly auto-renew Pro plan. Due to hard financial times at university, I canceled the auto-renewal to avoid anciently being charged. However, I'm now in a position where I can afford the £31.50 yearly Pro plan.

In order to re-new my Pro plan, Soundcloud are telling me I now have to pay £63, literally double on what I was paying previously for the same product. If there was an option to 'opt out' of the the subscription, why can i not opt back in and continue my subscription as £31.50.

As an artist who has relied and who has been loyal to the platform, you give me no choice but to stop paying for your service - it's a little insulting.

Is there a way I can continue my subscription, or opt back in to my subscription, without doubling what I was originally paying?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I'm afraid that if the pricing for the subscription has changed in the meantime, you won't be able to sign back up for the subscription at a previous pricing.

If you're still a student, you might be able to benefit from the Student Discount though. There's more information available here on our Help Center:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019199713-Student-Discount-for-SoundCloud-Go-

All the best