Phony followers

• 26 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Why in the hell would someone hit up our page with phoney followers? What would anyone else have to gain by liking and following us with robots?

7 replies

Let me guess. Orange Avatar? White Font? Get Real Listeners Today?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Is this your account? https://soundcloud.com/operationghoststories
How many of those followers do you think are bots and how recently have they appeared?

As it looks as if you haven't uploaded anything for a couple of years it's possible that a fake-promo company has set it's bots to follow a lot of inactive accounts that won't block and report them, so when someone is dumb enough to buy fake followers they look a bit more real than lots of newly-generated accounts which aren't following anyone else. That's just a theory though.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Is this your account? https://soundcloud.com/operationghoststories
How many of those followers do you think are bots and how recently have they appeared?
At one point over a million followers; kept blocking those that were obvious spam, but occassionally we get a batch of likes on a song, while the listen hits stay basically the same. Its fairly easy to spot the robots, but my question is, Why would someone do that? How does it benefit the person planting the robots on our page? Someone suggested it was a setup to get us banned from the site for "buying followers", which we are not doing. Its annoying as hell because there doesn't seem to be a practical explanation. Thanks for replying; if you got any ideas what its all about, we're listening. Appreciate you.
The "get real listeners today" spam is immediately obvious, and we just blow them off with a block to boot; but the jokers with names like Assadhi Malkosign or some other hilarious moniker pop up in small bursts at least once a month, liking a particular tune on our page. Their avatars, names and page content give them away as robots...but why? We wouldn't be able to afford that many "followers" and even if we could, what the hell good would it do? Who gains from that?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I notice you haven't uploaded anything for a couple of years. I think the people that sell these bots seek out profiles that look professional but are inactive, and get their bots to follow them. Then, when people are dumb enough to buy foIIowers they end up with ones that look fairly genuine, following and liking actual musicians, rather than a load of "user number" and no picture or activity.
I don't think it's anything malicious towards you but is done with the hope you won't notice and report them.

Also, I don't think you can be banned for buying foIIowers etc., the rules are against selling them.
All with this

in Profil can deleted from the place!