Answered

Pro subscription auto-renewal with ZERO warning, want refund.

In the past I've been given several days notice before my account has auto-renewed my pro subscription. I have enjoyed this service in the past but no longer use this account and I would not have let it happen if I was given the proper notice (which is promised on the help pages).

I don't want my Pro subscription anymore, I just want my money back. If anyone can help this happen it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 30 May 2018, 14:18

Hi there @Benny Boi and @Bobby 202,

Sorry to hear that. I've checked in with our subscriptions team about this and a refund is on the way for the both of you. Please allow up to 5 business days for your bank to fully process this transaction.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

This happened to me today. I was going to let my account lapse to the free version and had made sure previously to turn the auto-renewal off. Then I get an email saying "thanks for payment". Ridiculous.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sorry to hear that. I've checked in with our subscriptions team about this and a refund is on the way for the both of you. Please allow up to 5 business days for your bank to fully process this transaction.

Cheers
Mathis

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks for your reply and the action on this Mathis.

Cheers
Mathis

Great, thanks so so much for your help Mathis!
I have the same problem, can anyone help?
I also really did not want to renew. Without a warning or anything and now i'm stuck with another year.. Anybody that can help us from the subscription team?
Me too, please can you issue me a full refund. I paid today with ZERO warning. Your users can't be expected to keep check of a one-off yearly payment, I personally signed up to this four years ago. Warning would be appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Email notifications about subscriptions being renewed are going out prior to renewal actually. If this is not the case, then something is not configured properly (did you check your email inbox?).

LEON seems to have opted out of their monthly renewal. Jesse is all set as well (I think I might have helped you with this on a different topic?)

@Fraser - after checking in with our subscriptions team, I can confirm that a refund is on its way. (Please allow up to 5 business days for your bank to process this for you).

For future reference - please understand that we cannot offer this kind of support on the Help Community for everyone, given this is not a direct way to get in touch with our subscriptions team. If you require assistance with your subscription, you can reach the team directly via our contact form on our Help Center.

Thank you and all the best, closing this topic now.

Cheers
Mathis